WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park

SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Huntsville
Chicago, Illinois
“Great personal feeling in a brand new location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've gone to Huntsville to visit family several times over the last 8 years, and have seen the transformation of Providence into a great destination. The new SpringHill suites is modern, the staff is warm, and it's located in one of the best spots in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review for the SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Brand new addition to Marriott family. Only 2 months in operation. Contemporary design in lobby and rooms. Great breakfast spread, comfortable beds and very helpful stuff at the front desk. Walking distance to many restaurants in Providence village. We had an excellent stay at this place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
It is nice to hear you had an excellent stay here at the SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park and would highly recommend. Thank you for such a nice review.
O'Fallon, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just stayed two nights and thought this was a great hotel. Alyssa at the front desk checked us in and was very friendly and helpful. After arriving in our room, we found out there was a problem with the toilet and called the front desk. Alyssa was up to our room within a few minutes with new card keys to a room two doors down. The rooms are nicely designed with lots of lighting, especially in the bathroom, where lighting is usually at a minimum at most hotels. The room also had a sitting area with sofa and desk, a nice large flat screen tv, coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator (no freezer). The breakfast was bountiful with choices of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, belgian waffles, yogurt, oatmeal, cereals, fresh fruit, artisian pastries, bagels, toast, english muffins. The night before we departed, Brandon at the front desk was kind in placing our ice packs in the freezer near the front desk. We liked this hotel so much that we plan to stay here again next month. Brandon was very helpful in assigning us a room number for our next visit. All employees that we encountered at this hotel provided nothing but genuine southern hospitality.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street side are noiser than those rooms on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ofallon
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Your statement " All employees that we encountered at this hotel provided nothing but genuine southern hospitality" is what the SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park is always striving to achieve. Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you. Thank you for your kind review.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I must admit that when my office informed me that they had booked me at the Springhill in Huntsville, I was upset due to a very unpleasent stay at the location downtown. Much to my surprise, they booked me at a brand new Springhill right down the street from my meeting place in Research Park. The bonus was it's location in the middle of a bustling little town called the Village of Providence. I can't believe in all my trips that I have missed this place. I was greated by a very southern friendly staff when checking in, which was the polar opposite of my experience downtown. The room was spacious, AC worked great, and I really enjoyed being able to walk out the side door and have my choice of several restaurants. I chose a little Italian place called Tony's and the Pizza was excellent. After dinner, I was able to enjoy a local car show that was taking place in a park across the street. I ended the night with a cold one at a sports bar called Brickhouse while listening to some live music. Definately my new place to stay while doing business in Huntsville!

Room Tip: All rooms are Suites, but my room was on the North end 2nd floor, which made it easy to take the sta...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
The SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park would like to thank you for such a nice review. We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here and hope to see you again when travel plans permit!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I recently just stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Providence, AL. The location is perfect. I travel on business constantly and this was the perfect hotel to stay at. Providence has a variety of restaurants. The Hotel was spectacular and the staff was friendly as well. Brandon checked me in with a smile and made sure I was informed on the area. He gave me information on the restaurants. Thanks Brandon and SpringHill Suites staff. I am definitely coming back to SpringHill Suites in Providence for my next trip.

Room Tip: Make sure and check out the live music at Brickhouse and if you have questions I know front desk is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service here at The SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you.
IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed a week at both of the Huntsville Springhiils in the last month and I prefer this one slightly. They are both very new and clean, both offer the same free Marriott breakfast choices. However, I like the layout of the bathroom in this one. The downtown one has bathrooms split into 2 sections, whereas this is pretty much a standard hotel unit. The rest of the room is similar, and seems to conform to the 'psuedo-suite' trend of having a good sized living area/work space 'room' separated by a partial wall to the bed 'room.'

Front desk, housekeeping, and the breakfast people were all "Alabama nice!"

The location is very convenient....right on the edge of the "New Urban" development of Providence, right near the intersection of 255 and University. Very convenient for food (1-minute walk to about 5-6 restaurants) and access to Redstone (10 minutes, maybe, to the main gate).

Couple of dings: Clothing storage options were limited. One fairly big armoire which was good for hanging stuff, but the drawers were tiny. Could barely hold my socks, and would not hold a folded up t-shirt. The other slight negative was the pool: it was tiny and there was no hot tub.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It is nice to hear you liked our layout here at the SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park and look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank you for your review.