“Delicious & great value”
Review of Papa Gyro's

Papa Gyro's
Ranked #31 of 614 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed February 15, 2013

You'll leave full and happy!

I can see why this place is so popular - everything we tried on the menu was great, so good in fact we went back the next day!

There are newer reviews for Papa Gyro's

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boss and I tried this out while in town and I"m upset it took me this long to try it. The gyros were so good and they give you a good amount of meat in them. For only 6 bucks, a great deal. For my boss and I, two gyros, a large order of fries, and an order of lentil soup was about 20 bucks. Not subway cheap but not bad eithier. The fries were also so good I couldn't stop eating them. The lentil soup was just ok though but every plate I saw go by me looked great. They had an amazing lunch rush but don't worry about the line, it goes quick and they get the food out quick. It's a good sign because the food is so good. A really casual place you just seat yourself and they call you up for your food. Can't wait for my next business trip because I know where I'm stopping for lunch.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This small restaurant is in a strip mall on University Drive. Turn in at the light at The Boardwalk.

We arrived for lunch about 12:45 on a Thursday, and most of the tables were full. There was no line, however, so we could order right away. Service was very fast. I filled my soft drink cup, and before I had walked to our table with it, they were calling our number that our order was ready. My wife and I'd ordered a Gyro Plate (and asked for an extra plate so we could split it). We ordered the Plate so the garlic sauce would be on the side, as she did not want to breathe garlic on people this afternoon.

This meal was very good. We ate all of it, except for her half of the garlic sauce.

The music was pretty nice; Greek, yet mellow. My wife enjoyed looking at a large picture on the wall. I think she said it was of the island of Santorini.

You might want to avoid this restaurant on a very cold day, as all tables are within about 25 feet of the door. The door opens frequently, as there are a lot of take-out customers.

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Certainly a no frills place but you'd go there for the food. The gyro platter was served with fresh fruit on the side (never seen this before), greek salad, pita bread and seasoned rice. My partner's gyro sandwich was reportedly very good as well-they chop the tomatoes and lettuce fine so it stays in the pita bread.

1  Thank Gary G
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Lots of Gyro places pop up, but this is by far the best and most authentic in HSV. the difference is the freshness of the ingredients. Everything I have tried us good. Quick service. The place is small, but they are expanding.

It is one of my regular lunch stops. If you like Gyros, this is a must try in the area.