“Best Bar In Huntsville”
Review of Amendment XXI

Amendment XXI
Ranked #297 of 631 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Description: The website will help you a lot. We thoroughly enjoyed this little bistro in "old" downtown Huntsville. They have amazing specialty cocktails. It's mainly a bar place but do have food. We had both the hotel and some friends recommend the place. Oh, the patio scene in front is a super "people watching" opp.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The title says it all! By far the best bar in Huntsville. Diverse crowd, great bartenders, really good and unique cocktails. Plus, no smoking!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

As a fan of crafted cocktails (think 5 ingredient + using rare liquors and homemade complements), I was a bit disappointed here. The drinks are one dimensional, and rather weak (for $12, I'm used to 2-3 oz drinks, but I recognize there may be local restrictions). It's a good try, and maybe with time they will be able to develop some innovative approaches. I'd suggest offering some good shrubs for flavors, adding bitter liqueurs (amaros, herbals, etc.) to build depth, lose the middling brands, and focus on adding some real cocktail choices (rather than margaritas and basics) - educate your customers and take them from teeny drinks to the big leagues. I gave 3 stars for effort because I like the ambiance and they did use real raspberries for one of my selections. I'll try again in hopes of improvements.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's unlike other lounges in Huntsville. It allows clients to feel like they are in a different city, especially if they are a Huntsville native like myself. Drinks are really good, kind of pricey. The upstairs area has a dj and a dance floor, which is where my best friend a I spent most of my birthday night.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

when we arrived, the bartender on duty seemed preoccupied with personal things and barely gave us the time of day. he never smiled and had zero personality. the drinks were good, but the service was lacking. mid drink, the next shift bartender came in and he was personality plus! very friendly and engaging. his drinks were good also, but his attitude made it good.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Amendment 21 serves very fresh seasonal cocktails. It is a great atmosphere and you won't find drinks like this anywhere else. It is a great place to unwind and get a drink. It is a true cocktail bar and cocktails take center stage, but they do have good wine and beer selections as well.