“Among the best I've ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lawlers Barbecue

Lawlers Barbecue
Ranked #91 of 593 Restaurants in Huntsville
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Using old-fashioned recipes and time honored traditions, we still smoke barbecue real slow in our USDA facility in Tennessee. This insures the highest quality and consistency so that every customer at every location gets the same tasty, tender, juicy barbecue. We have developed systems and procedures that allow us to offer you almost fast food speed of service...yet everything is made as you order! We always have plenty...so if you need a big order at the last minute...we have you covered! In an age where most pork barbecue is cut, chopped, or ground by machine...we still hand-pull or "pick" the meat from the bone. Sure it's harder and takes longer...but our "pickers" (as we affectionately call them!) are our best quality control. Their trained and caring touch leaves only the leanest, moistest pork...lightly sauced to let the great hickory flavor burst through in every bite!! Guess you could say...we keep pickin' so you'll keep grinnin' The truth of the matter... Because we are just a "little barbecue joint" ...not near as fancy or as famous as some...we know we must try harder to earn your business. We want to be faster, cleaner, and tastier. We cannot be everything to everybody, so we just want to be everything to YOU. At LawLers Barbecue we believe in "cooked slow...served fast! We think you deserve Tickled Pink Service! We love to win contests...butt we REALLY win when you become a regular customer! If you haven't tried us yet...what are you waitin' for?
Galena, Illinois
“Among the best I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stopped in at Lawler's Express #1 for dinner at the recommendation of a receptionist and I very happy for it. I grew up on southern BBQ and have enjoyed it all my life, making it a point to find the best place around wherever my family has lived. If we lived in the Huntsville area I think I would have my place!

Great, moist and tender pulled pork, awesome BBQ beans and green bean that I am pretty sure had hot vinegar sauce already in them (the way they're meant to be eaten) all made for a fantastic meal. The friendly and funny service was like icing on the cake. I will make it a point to come back at least once more while in town!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank PatRussell
Jim K, Owner at Lawlers Barbecue, responded to this review, July 6, 2016
Glad you found us and thank God for that referral. We are so ashamed it took until July of 2016 to get back to you. The manager who was there and was so funny, is back again. Go by and say hi. Thanks again for the 5 stars and hopefully your continued business over the years!