“Fridays is special !”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #285 of 598 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Delicatessen, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gourock, United Kingdom
“Fridays is special !”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We found the staff at this Fridays to be very attentive as the drinks & food arrived very promptly and served with charm! Had the strawberry lemonade crush for the 1st time - like a daiquiri but without the booze - really good so I'll look for this again. Lovely night out, thanks!

• Visited September 2013

Madison, Alabama
“Way better than expected”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The clerk at our hotel desk recommended TGIF due to the 10% discount for hotel guests. We found the location ideal in relation to our lodging on University Street. There was just barely enough parking but adequate seating inside and out when we arrived for supper on what they advertised as 3 dollar Thursday. Select foods and drinks were reduced to 3 bucks and we took full advantage of it. First off, the staff at every level was friendly and energetic to a fault. It was as if every employee there was a cheerleader. There was a musician playing in the outdoor seating that I thought was pretty awesome. Meanwhile, on the dinner table, we sampled a large variety of small portions of foods that I thought were average to amazing. I don't know when TGIF got so creative with the menu but I was highly impressed and now feel that I must return again to try more.

Visited July 2013
“wonderful service”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Amanda was our waitress and she was amazing. Sam the general manager was extremely nice and we had a great dining experience. Ashley, the hostess was also very friendly. We will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Not much good to say about this place”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went to eat dinner here after a day at the Space Center. This place was not a great ending to an otherwise great day. We walked in, tired, after a full day. We sat down and were told by the host that he would be right back with a high chair for the baby. After more than five minutes, our server finally made it around to greet us. We ordered drinks and asked for the high chair again. The server finally reappeared with our drinks after an inordinately long time. He did not have a high chair. My husband was unable to look at the menu during this time since he was holding the baby. We requested the high chair a third time and finally someone came with one. The food was mediocre. My husband's burger came with what looked like a large bacon bit. My black bean burger was fine. When we were ready to leave, the server again took a really long time to bring us the check. I would not eat here again. Ever.

• Visited May 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Eat before going here...”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My Girls Night Out group converged here last month, and it was my first visit to this T.G.I. Friday’s in over 7 years. This store opened back around 1982 and honestly, the “look and feel” of it has not changed since then – only thing noticeably absent on the servers were the plethora of buttons/pins they used to have to wear; the hats; suspenders, and the men’s neckties.

We were told that to get happy hour prices on apps and drinks, you must sit in the elevated bar area. So, we did. The highlight of our experience was the enthusiasm and conscientious nature of our server. She was really sweet and “on the spot.”

Our group had the following: House Pinot Grigio ($3/glass on Happy Hour and it wasn’t bad); (again, the Apps were discounted at Happy Hour); Pan-Seared Pot Stickers App; Loaded Potato Skins App; Spinach Florentine Flatbread App.

I noticed T.G.I. Friday’s has upgraded their plating since 1982. The food came out on white, elongated dishes and looked good. That is where the goodness stopped. The Pan-Seared Pot Stickers App was “mine” and as much as I love this dish, elsewhere, this was the absolute worst excuse for pot stickers ever. They were chewy dough-wads, cold to the touch, with maybe a 1/4 teaspoon of pork in each one. I managed to pry the dough away from the pork and eat the microscopic pork pieces.

My group didn’t complain about their food, even though it arrived rather staggered with several of us sitting “plateless” while others began eating. I think the $3 wine must have kicked in.
So, if you want super cheap drinks, go to TGIF during happy hour (4-6? I’m not sure, call to get a definitive time). Eat beforehand at the Krystal around the corner, their food is better.

• Visited March 2013