“Poor service and Credit Card # Stolen”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #126 of 594 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Huntsville, Alabama
“Poor service and Credit Card # Stolen”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We started off with terrible service. The waiter himself wasn't bad but he had been given tables on both sides of the restaurant and was not able to take care of everyone. We waited at least 15 minutes for salad and bread. When we asked where it was he told us they were out of salads and the chef was making some! Then they had to make bread. This was at 5:00 so they really should have been prepared for the dinner rush.

When we left we mistakenly forgot our credit card. Bad move on our part but even worse move on one of the employees to use it! We had a wire transfer for almost $400 on our card a few days after leaving it. Such a shame people feel tempted to do that.

As for the food. Most was good but my husband had a dish that was advertised and looked great on the menu and was terribly bland on his plate.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ac6804

Madison, Alabama
“Much like we remember”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Its been at least 3 long years since we ate at what was once our favorite chain restaurant. Olive Garden was always our go to place. Since our return to the U.S. we've eaten out extensively but waited until tonight to revisit the Olive Garden. This one on University Drive in Huntsville looks much like the rest of them, great decor and a well maintained exterior. It's next to a hotel that looks a bit sketchy but there was no trouble that I saw. The parking lot was well lit with plenty of extra parking out back. We were seated after the briefest of waits in the entrance. There appeared to be some confusion among the staff, not sure if the hostesses were new or it was a bad night but there was a distinct lack of confidence and some kind of hostility from a fella I assume was the manager. Maybe hostile is too strong a word, but something was amiss. We were seated and greeted soon thereafter by a waiter who also seemed out of place but worked very hard at trying to please us and never let a glass go empty. I felt a bit crowded by our table our tables proximity to the next and had to squeeze in but it was a minor inconvenience. Starting with breadsticks and salad I remembered why we fell in love with this chain. No one does these better, flat out loved them. The entrees were all pretty good as well and then the 10 chocolate mints showed up to split between my wife and kids. I don't remember dinner being this pricey the last time I was here but I suppose it's average for everywhere these days. I will absolutely return because the food and decor are so good. I hope the staff quirks I had tonight were just me and not a real issue.

• Visited August 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Not long ago I wrote a review about how great the servive and food at at this restaurant was. Well as of yesterday, 23 July 2013, it has completely changed. Our server must have been mad at the world and we caught it. It has a new manager, that never came by our table, that could be part of the problem. We had the all you can eat soup and salad, again, and the food was outstanding. The server almost threw the plates on the table For our initial order and futher refills we had to ask for the grated cheese for the soups and salads. Our drinks were never refilled nor were we even asked if we wanted a refill. The front greeters that had always opened the doors and greeted you, didn't. I could have understood this if it had busy but it wasn't We arrived later than we usually do and expected the normal lines waiting to get in. This time there were no lines outside or in side and there were empty tables everywhere. This business is really going to the dogs. What was once great is now awful. Also some of the male servers looked dirty; beards, long unkept hain and just a greasy look.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank CBbrown93
Dothan, Alabama
“This Restaurant Has Gone Down Hill Fast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stopped going to Olive Garden after my wife ordered minestrone and was served watered down soup that was barely edible. Also the employees appear to have attitudes and are not very efficient. Try Macaroni Grill for better Italian Food.

1 Thank Leonard S
McEwen, Tennessee
“Victory Dinner for the Cat Show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The food and service were great, wait time wasn't to long they kept us stocked up on bread sticks and salad and the atmosphere was pleasant.

Visited June 2013