“on way home from shopping( disappointment)”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Huntsville, Alabama
“on way home from shopping( disappointment)”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stopped here about 3pm on way home from Christmas Eve shopping. Had not been here in awhile so gave it a shot!
1 hostess that sat us never said hi /welcome/ was like rather be else where
2 during meal I observed four ( 4 ) individuals in the food prep area W/O hair covering
3 on leaving passed same hostess never said thanks

Granted this was Christmas Eve, but when one works in service industry it is expected to some times have to work when one would rather be with family( they closed 11pm that evening). But can still be courteous and say thank you, no hair cover should NOT EVER happen

Our server was very gracious and had good suggestions (Angelette ) did very good job.
food was good but when I mentioned lack of hair cover we should have left .

I don't plan on returning here was not first bad experience

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank d f

Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Good but nothing special”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We ate lunch at the Macaroni Grill. The food and service were good but nothing outstanding. The temperature of the restaurant was on the cool side, a bit uncomfortable for us old folks.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Csxyoder
Nashville, Tennessee
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We visited on a busy friday night and were graciously seated in the back room by the fireplace. It was our waitresses first week and she could not answer any questions concerning wine or the specials. I ordered the sole and it was great as expected but the other person in our party ordered the Quadratini and was ill all night from their meal. Sad to say dessert was not much better, The cheesecake was dry and the strawberry topping was sour. Needless to say, we were regretting our decision to visit the Macaroni grill and will not returning any time soon.

• Visited October 2013
Madison, Alabama
“Enjoyable dinner with friends”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had the pleasure of joining friends for dinner at Romano's Macaroni Grill last week. The restaurant wasn't busy and we were seated quickly after being asked about our preference for a table or booth (that is always appreciated). Our servers arrived quickly and explained that one of them was being trained. This "training" explained some of the delays in what is normally efficient service. We were a little disappointed that all four meals were not brought out at the same time but understand that the cook time for the 1 pizza was obviously much longer than the other 3 meals. The food was good but nothing outstanding or noteworthy. We left the restaurant happy and full. We'll return as we enjoy the convenient location and the overall atmosphere (not too noisy and enough space between tables to not fill crowded). It is a good place to share a meal with friends.

• Visited August 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“I should have gone to McDonalds”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I visited Macaroni Grill in Huntsville, Alabama recently. I live here and have been there many times before, and the experience was always excellent, but apparently management has changed. First, I thought they possibly had shut down. There were only a few cars in the parking lot, that I now realize must belong to employees because there were very few people eating. After waiting for 15 minutes at the host stand, and watching numerous servers and a manager walk past us, without acknowledging our presence, we finally decided to just seat ourselves in the bar. Our bartender/server's name was Lori. We were the only ones seated in the bar, however, we were forced to wait an additional 10 minutes at the booth before she got off her cell phone to come and greet us. I was ready to walk out and eat elsewhere, but my husband convinced me to stay because he loves the Chicken Parm and the bread with olive oil. I asked about specials and was told they didn't really have anything new that day, she was also unsure of the soup, because it changes daily and "they had not told her yet." She didn't even remember to bring our menus with her, so Lori expressed she would get us some and also bring bread, but I guess she was distracted by another employee, since she didn't have any other guests in her section, because after another 15 minutes we had no bread, and I had to ask another server for menus, they were kind and nice and explained " sorry about that, sometimes Lori is just off in her own world". I asked if they would please send a manager to my table and they explained he was on the phone in the office, but they would have him come out after his call ended. When the bread did arrive it was cold, so we politely asked for a warm piece. Lori explained that it would take about 7 minutes, we assumed that meant 20, and by then we would already have our food. She continued the excuse by telling us that this was the "dead" time of the day, and they only had two cooks. What that has to do with bread I don't know. I honestly didn't care and wanted the warm bread, for my husband. Her response was "sorry there's none baked, and at least its free". We should have left, but my husband insisted on his favorite dish, so we ordered anyways. Big mistake, as she was preoccupied with her texting, video games, or whatever she was doing on her phone as she hid behind the bar, our drinks went dry and our patience slipped away. During our 55 minute wait we didn't receive bread or refills! She never even checked on us or our food, so I approached the bar and asked her nicely to check on our food. It was ready and probably had been for a while. Both dishes were cold, the $25 steak was cooked improperly and cold, and the chicken parm was cold with the wrong side! We asked for the manager, but he (GREG) was STILL on the phone! While waiting for any type of management Lori complained to us about her personal life, bills, and her search for affordable living! I assume she was trying to make up for her horrible service by making us feel bad, so she could receive a large tip for nothing! The assistant manager came and expected us to wait for another meal! After telling him about our service and how we would rather just dine elsewhere we left, tired, hungry, and disappointed. The general manager (GREG) never called the number we left or responded to our several phone calls and messages. Never again will we eat at, refer, or take anyone to Macaroni Grill Huntsville. WORST DINING EXPERINCE IN 20 YEARS!!!!

• Visited July 2013