“Nothing Special”

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #64 of 594 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Have dined here on two different occasions and both instances it was just ok. Peanuts are kinda nuisance as far as I'm concerned. Atmosphere is really good but service is lacking. I really enjoy their nachos as a starter. On both occasions my steak was just ok. This place just doesn't click with me. I give em 2 out of 5 forks. Keep driving!

Huntsville, Alabama
“Another where you throw peanut shells on the floor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Food decent. Service slow. Line dancing waitstaff and peanuts to step on. Cramped and too loud. Not likely to go again.

• Visited December 2012
Harvest, Alabama
“Pretty Good Food, Pretty Lousy Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I have been to this Texas Roadhouse three times since they opened recently, I'm not so sure we'll be back anytime soon though.

First time: We arrived to find a huge crowd there that reminded me of a packed standing room only concert. It took us five minutes just to squeeze through to get to the front table to get our name down, once we got there we were told that there would be a 30 to 40 minute wait. We were willing to do this, but an hour later we were still waiting. Had we known it would have been that long, we would have went somewhere else. It also would have been great if they had employed some sort of crowd management, having to wait amongst a throng of other annoyed people wasn't exactly a pleasant experience.

Second time: We went at a time to better avoid the crowds, and got a table pretty quickly. However, this time the waitress got my order completely wrong. When I let her know about it, she seemed annoyed at me and countered by claiming that she "wrote down what I said." She finally brought the right order, more than fifteen minutes later.

Third time: We might not have been back, but we were given a gift card for Christmas, so we gave them one more try. The girl who brought us to our table completely forgot to bring us bread like everyone else is given at this time. My wife was disappointed about this, she loves the brown sugar butter they serve with these and wanted to use them on her baked potato. We asked our waiter for the bread and butter once he came around, but he obviously forgot. When someone else came and brought us our plates, we asked him too. He also forgot. Finally our original waiter came and we asked about it again, and he brought them ten minutes later. By the time we'd almost finished our main plates anyways. Extremely annoying.

Three strikes and Texas Roadhouse is out. They have food as good as would be expected, but it's not worth the hassle of dealing with their overworked, inexperienced and unprofessional staff.

Madison, Georgia
“Good but,”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food is pretty good. The most expensive steak was very good. I only had a problem with the music volume, especially when it is time for the waiters dancing. When they do this the music is so loud you can't hear at all. Personally I do not need to hear or see this. I go to a restaurant to hear who I am talking to. Do not expect to have lunch there. They do not open until 4pm.

1 Thank woop9p
Huntsville, Alabama
“Worst service I have ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

On our trip back from the beach; we decided to eat out before we made it home. We tried the New Texas Roadhouse earlier in 2012 when they first opened, and couldn't really tell anything about it because they were so crowded on the night we visited.
We got there at 4:15 or so in the afternoon on JAN 1, 2013 and we were taken right to a table. It took about 15 minutes for a server to come and get our drink orders; and she explained that the girl who normally works the area was busy with a larger party (understandable) and she would take our drink orders. 15-20 minutes later; the original girl (Kala) showed up and brought the drinks to us. We then placed our food orders. Several more couples and families showed up after us and the section probably had 10-14 people in it. The waitress kept coming by and saying the kitchen was really slow that night and kept offering the rolls and drinks. Our food showed up about 40-50 minutes later. The wifes steak medallions were not cooked enough (she ordered Well done, they were Medium Rare at best).
My steak was way overdone and extremlley tough for a ribeye ( I think it was a sirloin and a cheap cut at that) and the waitress noticed it too; but I ate it anyway because we had just gotten off the road after a 6 hour drive and I was starving. She sent the medallions back to be cooked some more. 30 Minutes later we told the girl to just cash us out because she had no idea on how long it would take to get the food back.
The couple across from us sent the wifes hamburger back because it was burned to a char; it was pathetic. We didn't pay for the wifes meal and the manager never came over to apologize or anything. That normally wouldn't have been an issue; but she did bring the ladies burger back out and it was right across from us. I thought that was very poor taste for her to ignore us.
They screwed the orders up; not us.

We will NEVER set foot in the place again.