“Fast and Fresh if you like cold subs”
Review of Jimmy John's

Jimmy John's
Ranked #271 of 631 Restaurants in Huntsville
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was my first time to visit a Jimmy John's. It is just an average "cold" sub sandwich shop.

PROS: The kids working the counter/making sandwiches had a lot of enthusiasm and were *really* stressing their 30 second sandwich preparation time. And, indeed, they make them quickly.

You can get your sub on a (white bread) roll; although I did read where some people were able to get theirs on a wheat variant; or wrapped in lettuce. I asked for Dijon mustard on the tuna salad sub I ordered, becuase I'm not a huge huge mayo fan, and did not get mustard. :-(

Oddly, since I don't bother looking at my receipts much, I happened to look at my receipt and noted that they charge .25 for a cup if you order a "cup" of water (vice a bottled water). Maybe this is common.

I wanted a fork b/c I'm not a big bread eater, so I could eat the tuna, etc. without picking up tuna with my hands, and was first told, "they don't have knives and forks: and then told that: "Next time you should try it wrapped in lettuce."

I would still like a fork if I'm trying to eat a gloppy tuna salad wrapped in lettuce. Kinda weird place, and music was **SUPER** loud. I'm glad I went there alone because I couldn't hear myself think, much less try to communicate with a friend.

I'm suggest placing your order by phone, or heck, do it there, they make the sandwiches in 30 seconds, and take it "to go" -- you'll probably have a calmer dining experience and have some forks!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Try the Totally Tuna or Turkey Tom Subs, you will not be disappointed. Medium priced and a family can eat failrly inexpensive comared to other sub shops around.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a great sandwich spot. I enjoyed my experience. I had the big Italian Nightclub sandwich. It was great. I wasnt sure how it was going to come out, but I was happy with not having to make alot of choices, it is made a certain way and I was happy with it. Definately a good value as I only paid $5.50 for a very large sandwich. I dont see anything "gourmet" about this Jimmy Johns, but it definately is specal. They are extremely fast and very courteous customer service. I will most definately return. The employees here are on it with attentivenes, cleanliness, and a pleasant attitude. You cant beat this place for the value. The sandwiches arent anything extravagant, but they are good, very FRESH, and very FAST. Along with the clean restaraunt and awesome customer service, Jimmy Johns has a strong competitive advantage in the sandwich business. I only wish there were more locations across the country.

This location is open til 10:10. I thought that was funny too, but they told me that they give people a friendly 10 minute window to be able to run in and grab a last minute sandwich late. Awesome.

2  Thank ChefR0b
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Urbanspoon says 80% like it. We stopped at J.J.'s for lunch on a Monday, after seeing their billboard on US 72. Their workers are young & enthusiastic. My wife and I split their giant Italian Night Club sandwich. It is basically an Italian cold cut submarine, with ham & mayo added. It was wonderful! And, they were extremely fast. The guys on the line had our meal made by the time the cashier had handed us our change. The music was a little too loud, but it sounded pretty good, so I'll not complain. (Think, "I -- LUV -- rock & roll....") It made commmunication a bit difficult, tho, even with the cashier! We'd added a pickle, a fountain drink, a large water cup (25 cents), and a couple bags of chips. Our total for the two of us came to $10.92. Come early for lunch if you want to sit down. Otherwise, plan to take it with you. Or, you can call them to deliver your sandwich to you!

1  Thank Steve M