“Great Sandwich Shop with an extensive menu.”
Review of Happy Tummy

Happy Tummy
Ranked #99 of 624 Restaurants in Huntsville
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We got a Groupon for the Happy Tummy and were very pleased with the service and food. This is a popular place, so the lines were long, but moved quickly with the great service. The menu is extensive with sandwiches, wraps and quesadillas including many vegetarian selections. There's seating inside and out on the porch. It is located inside the Lowe Mill, so allow time to browse the artsy and interesting shops. I highly recommend this spot and we will return.

2  Thank TravelGrandma10

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my first visit to Happy Tummy, and based on the length of the line, it's a popular spot for lunch. In fact, you might have to wait on a table. It's located in Lowe Mill in Huntsville, and the offerings match the artistic and creative vibe the Mill is promoting. I had a terrific BBQ sandwich, but there are plenty of choices no matter what you prefer.

2  Thank Butler C
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Valley Planet survey ranked Happy Tummy as 2nd for "Best Lunch," and as 2nd "Best Restaurant for Vegetarians." The Huntsville Times' Go magazine listed it in their eleven "Best Eats of 2011: Our favorite Huntsville restaurants we sampled this year (2011)." Happy Tummy is located on the 1st floor at Historic Lowe Mill (enter from the dock at the back). Being inside the Lowe Mill Arts & Entertainment requires limited hours. I.e., they are only open Wed-Sat noon-6 pm, and until 8 pm on Friday. My wife and I aren't vegetarians, and ordered a $5 Tex Mex Wrap, which we split. It was good, but my half dripped guacamole -- possibly because we cut it in half! They had some special-looking desserts, so we also had a couple of their wonderful cookies. We had heard they are busy right at noon, so we waited until 1:00 to come, and there was still a short line. The temperature was in the mid-70s outside, so we ate outside at tables on the dock under the ceiling fans. Then we toured the newly remodeled 1st floor of Lowe Mill. Lots of artist studios and their shops. Nice middle class folks, not the starving artist hippies I'd somehow expected. We also visited Vertical House Records at their new bigger store (on down the dock, past the bathrooms). We'll come back, to tour the remodeled 2nd and 3rd floors, and to try a Mater sandwich or something at Chef Will the Palate's food trailer outside, where Happy Tummy originally was.

2  Thank Steve M