“My new favorite”

Cuisines: American, Sushi, Chinese, Seafood
Huntsville, Alabama
“My new favorite”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I used to rave about the China Buffet on Madison Blvd near the airport, but this place has it beat. It is not only the best buffet in Huntsville but the best I've seen. The sushi was cut thick and very fresh. The Mongolian BBQ doesn't compete with BD's but is certainly adequate considering all the other food. The place is large and clean. I saw complaints about attentiveness of the staff here but for goodness sakes, people this is a buffet not a formal restaurant. Cut them a break and ask for more water when someone passes by to pick up your dirty plates. The roughest part is the crowded strip mall parking lot. There are more convenient restaurants to get to, even in this mall but the experience is worth the bother. TIP: meals are more expensive on the weekends. TIP2: takeouts are available per ounce.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Secondtimothy

Huntsville
“The best Chinese Restaurant in Huntsville”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The selection is fantastic and everything is hot and delicious. Bring you appetite as there is so much to eat. The price is good. This is a must when visiting Huntsville.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank halfpintHuntsville
Madison, Alabama
“Great selection and good prices.”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is the place to go for a Chinese Buffet. The sushi selection is good, and the hibachi grille grill lets you get just what you like. I've been going here for several years, and have never been disappointed. A large selection, and even American options for kids or people not crazy about Chinese. The price is very reasonable, too.

Visited December 2013
“Overwhelmingly Awesome Banquet!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

The decor is customer friendly & you are greeted & seated rather soon. One look around makes a person wide eyed with a " Wow" on your first visit. The food bars are lit & well supplied with a sushi bar available. There are tables & booths of choice with some more private booths on the right wall separated by short bead curtains. The over all atmosphere is very nice. It is a restaurant you want to repeatedly visit.

• Visited December 2013
Madison, Alabama
“Asian Food Buffet”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Tonight was our first at this place. We showed up at 6 pm on a Thursday night to find plenty of seating. We chose a table over a booth and gave our drink order before hitting the buffet. At no time did we have to wait for anything, the staff is fast. The decor is pleasant and modern and the restaurant is huge. This is probably the largest selection at a buffet that I've ever seen. Though I didn't try it, the hibachi grill appeared to have a fair selection of items and sauces for custom meals. Hibachi is likely the best bet, I found many of the buffet items to be overcooked or too salty. I chose this place because I was hungry and wanted immediate access to food and that's what I got. With tax and tip our 3 adult buffet and 2 drinks came to $40. This is probably the best Asian food we've had in Huntsville but we'll keep looking. We will return so I can try the hibachi grill and items I missed this go round. In summary, good service, fair price, good selection, plenty of parking/seating, nice decor, so-so buffet.

• Visited November 2013

Been to 88 Buffet? Share your experiences!