“Why bother”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Why bother”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The displays tend to be a zillion examples of one kind of works or one artist. The place is boring.

Birmingham, Alabama
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Wow! Great Museum in Huntsville!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Pleasantly surprised to find such a fine museum in Huntsville. Great learning experience and lots to see. Will definately go back.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Legendary50
Lake Charles, Louisiana
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

The only thing redeemable about this museum was a temporary exhibit of early 1900's black and white photographs. They didn't have a museum brochure available when we purchased our tickets, which I found strange. I asked if they were just out of them, but the girl at the counter replied "No, we just don't have them. We never have."

A major portion of the museum was closed off to the public because they were changing out an exhibit. I felt that we should have been informed of this before we bought our tickets. I wanted to see actual paintings, but instead had to settle for a few photos, 10 gaudy silver animals that were donated to the museum by some local dowager, and a handful of I Dream of Jeanie psychedelic glassware.

Worst museum I have ever been to, and that includes a museum in Mexico where everything was just computer print-outs pasted to the wall.

Visited January 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“beautiful museum, lovely location”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have not been in a while, but it is very nice, great place for events and their traveling exhibits are always first rate, just made some nice changes but I have not seen them first hand

Madison, Georgia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“great place.”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

there is such a variety of art. my favorites are the silver animals. a must see

Visited December 2011