“Young Children's Museum”

Earlyworks Museum Complex
Ranked #22 of 76 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive children's museum focused on teaching about Alabama history.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This museum was recommended on every tourism website, Huntsville Welcome Center, motel info stands and even the Redstone Arsenal visitors packet. Coupons can be picked up at the Huntsville Welcome Center but we opted instead to purchase a Year Pass for $85 that gets us in to the Depot and Village too. The museum is a kids museum. As an adult I enjoyed some of the displays but most of it is geared towards youth. From my estimation it's best for kids aged 4-10. My kids are a little older and stayed engaged throughout their visit but did not appear to enjoy themselves as much as the younger kids. There is a small cafe inside, a gift shop, bathrooms and blessedly cool A/C. If you have kids, take them here.

3  Thank kkibby43
in 4 reviews
"elementary"
"volunteers"

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We travel 4+ times a year for business & always bring our son so are well versed in children's museums. This one was different in a good way since it focused on Alabama's history. Fun AND informative! My son (3 years old) LOVED the pretend grocery store in Biscuits Play Area.

WARNING: they DO NOT have a restaurant/ cafe.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself an expert when it comes to judging the quality of children's museums. I have been to a lot, and I've found that no matter how nice the exhibits are, if the musical instruments are strewn about in the kitchen and the construction tools have all been thrown in the water play, it's hard to enjoy it. This place has several beautiful exhibits that I felt captured my children's interest and were accessible to their limited skill sets. But most importantly, it was kept clean and organized by a small army of employees and volunteers. It was an absolutely delightful way to spend our morning in Huntsville.

2  Thank Anna D
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I lived in Huntsville for 30 years and have been to early works when it opened at 12.00 per person save your money and go to the US Space and Rocket Center instead, went on a Monday and nobody was there, great we had the place to ourselves but there was nothing our twin 6 year olds found new and interesting. The staff didn't turn anything on for us, the props were dirty and not clean worn most didn't work. When the staff saw us they walked away NEVErR asked or helped. Would not go back unless the price comes down and facelift on props. Save your money!

1  Thank Read K