“Cute Museum”

Earlyworks Museum Complex
Ranked #22 of 74 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive children's museum focused on teaching about Alabama history.
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I took my 3 year old nephew here and he had a great time! Unfortunately there is a time restraint on the section that was his favorite part, but after finally getting him to check out the rest of the museum he had a good time. Great place where kids can be hands on and play! I would recommend bringing your own food as the only thing available when we were there was some snack machine food. He had such a good time that I will definitely be taking him back!

Reviewed December 29, 2011

this is a great place to take your child, it is first rate and just the spot for elementary aged children although they have a room specifically for younger ones

1  Thank happytraveler30620
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Best for small children or school trips. Vast information on historical eras. They have some really cool things hidden so be sure to look into closets and drawers. Also a lot several hours time to explore.

1  Thank MommySmith2
Reviewed August 11, 2011

From dress up to dolls, building blocks to old time stores, this place is what you make it. Your knowledge of history and a vast imagination will make this place worth every penny.

Reviewed January 18, 2011

First of all, my family and I went to Huntsville just following a huge blizzard that had hit the Southeast U.S. Given that the vast majority of businesses had temporarily closed down for this week, I tried to call ahead in order to confirm that they were open. Numerous, numerous attempts to call ended up in me getting lost in their recorded message hell. When I did connect to the right extension, the phone rang endlessly. The website made no mention of their status given the snowstorm, either. I eventually gave up on Earlyworks, but my wife suggested we drive by. Luckly, the museum was open. This museum is described by the tourguide books as being similar to a science museum, but aimed at history. That is a pretty accurate description. It is obvious that alot of care went into designing the museum, but I don't think it was "kid-tested," so to speak. My kids would have wandered around aimlessly if it wasn't for some Scavenger Hunt forms that we stumbled upon. It is interesting that no one mentioned their existence to us. The Scavenger Hunt involved going into each of the main sections of the museum and answering questions regarding that area. Unfortunately, the answers were often no where to be found in the exhibit and had to be guessed at...something my children had little interest in doing. It would have been a somewhat decent teaching opportunity if the answers had been available somewhere in the exhibit. In sum, the museum makes a good effort, but fails to hold the interest of my kids...their ages are 6, 6, and 9 years old, by the way. Note: I failed to realize that the affiliated Huntsville Depot Museum and Constitution Village close down from November to March.