“Good place to bring children in the rain.”

Sci-Quest Hands-on Science Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Opening its doors to the public in May 1999, the Science Center inspires curiosity and connects science to everyday life through hands-on fun for all ages with a wide variety of hands-on exhibits and experiences. Whether you want to predict the local forecast on a real TV weather station and green screen or take a wild trip through the human body with Grossology, Sci-Quest has something for everyone!
Orlando, Florida
“Good place to bring children in the rain.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great concept but some of the activities were worn and not working. The staff seemed distant and did not interact with visitors that much.

Visited July 2013

Dothan, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Interesting Place For Kids”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I took my grandson to Sci-Quest a while back and even had a lot of fun myself. It gives the kids a chance to do some hands-on things while they are learning something. It is definitely worth the trip, but take the kids.

Huntsville, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kids Can Explore and Learn Until They're Exhausted”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have taken my twin grandsons to SciQuest a few times. We went today and stayed for 5 hours. The boys were exhausted, still completely intrigued, when I finally called it quits. Both the boys are more and more interested in science, and I believe this place has really helped to excite their interest.

The facilities are a little less than perfect right now, but with the upcoming relocation, I would imagine, they are trying to keep maintenance on the old stuff to a minimum. And since many of the displays were donated, they are technically obsolete and parts are no longer available for them. [ If anyone could offer a hand with custom making replacement parts, that would be a great contribution for all to enjoy. ] They currently cannibalize the machines to keep the greatest number possible running. The new facility promises to be fantastic. I hope it is since it will be located in Madison, a much further drive for the kids and me. Only time and a visit will tell. I'll let you know!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Donna W
Gurley, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My kids favorite place in huntsville.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My kids ask to go to this place more than the space and rocket center. This exhibits change out every-now-and-then, so you can go a couple of times during the year and see different things. They also have special days out of the month where they have special events.

Visited May 2013
Athens, AL
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Hands On Museum”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I loved every part of this museum. I am a button pusher, so I loved the "hands on" aspect. I learned a lot while I was there by being able to "see" it all in action. Very enjoyable!