“My kids favorite place in huntsville.”

Sci-Quest Hands-on Science Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Opening its doors to the public in May 1999, the Science Center inspires curiosity and connects science to everyday life through hands-on fun for all ages with a wide variety of hands-on exhibits and experiences. Whether you want to predict the local forecast on a real TV weather station and green screen or take a wild trip through the human body with Grossology, Sci-Quest has something for everyone!
Gurley, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My kids favorite place in huntsville.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My kids ask to go to this place more than the space and rocket center. This exhibits change out every-now-and-then, so you can go a couple of times during the year and see different things. They also have special days out of the month where they have special events.

Visited May 2013

Athens, AL
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Hands On Museum”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I loved every part of this museum. I am a button pusher, so I loved the "hands on" aspect. I learned a lot while I was there by being able to "see" it all in action. Very enjoyable!

Baroda, Michigan
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Perfect for a Rainy Day”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Perfect place to take kids on cold rainy day or real hot day. It has an app for coupons too. Not expensive. Had many different things for my 5 & 8yr old to do that they found interesting. At the back of the left side are 3 big screens, kids got to play volleyball on the screen by jumping in action, then it changed to playing a game of pool, then soccer. Pretty neat. My 5yr old son loved that n gave an attitude when I said it was time to go, lol. So that meant he loved it. There's a playhouse that is the size of a real house with basement that was super neat too.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Carrie0693
Celina, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great for curious minds..”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The place seems to be temporary, and many of the exhibits are showing some wear. But my family had a blast. No one was bored! They practically ran from one interactive exhibit to the next and each time we turned around, it seemed we found something we had overlooked. Highlights: A giant sized "operation" game with tongs and big rubber bones and organs, an earthquake simulator, a tornado simulator and a water play table for the littlest of our crew. Sort of a mix between COSI in Columbus,OH and Science Central in Ft. Wayne, IN. two other places we are big fans of. One downer: The snack bar offered 0 healthy options, just sodas, chips, etc. No fresh fruit or anything that wasn't processed foods. We did not purchase anything and I was thankful for the waters, fruit leathers and popcorn I stashed in our bag before heading in. Great visit and the kids are still talking about the fun they had there!

Visited March 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Just keeps getting better”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was raised up going to Sci-Quest. Now I take my kids and feel like I am a kid again. The amount they have grown is unreal. They have tons to do, hands on science. It is a definite must see for the whole family.

Visited September 2012