“Perfect for a Rainy Day”

Sci-Quest Hands-on Science Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Opening its doors to the public in May 1999, the Science Center inspires curiosity and connects science to everyday life through hands-on fun for all ages with a wide variety of hands-on exhibits and experiences. Whether you want to predict the local forecast on a real TV weather station and green screen or take a wild trip through the human body with Grossology, Sci-Quest has something for everyone!
Baroda, Michigan
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Perfect for a Rainy Day”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Perfect place to take kids on cold rainy day or real hot day. It has an app for coupons too. Not expensive. Had many different things for my 5 & 8yr old to do that they found interesting. At the back of the left side are 3 big screens, kids got to play volleyball on the screen by jumping in action, then it changed to playing a game of pool, then soccer. Pretty neat. My 5yr old son loved that n gave an attitude when I said it was time to go, lol. So that meant he loved it. There's a playhouse that is the size of a real house with basement that was super neat too.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Carrie0693

Celina, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great for curious minds..”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The place seems to be temporary, and many of the exhibits are showing some wear. But my family had a blast. No one was bored! They practically ran from one interactive exhibit to the next and each time we turned around, it seemed we found something we had overlooked. Highlights: A giant sized "operation" game with tongs and big rubber bones and organs, an earthquake simulator, a tornado simulator and a water play table for the littlest of our crew. Sort of a mix between COSI in Columbus,OH and Science Central in Ft. Wayne, IN. two other places we are big fans of. One downer: The snack bar offered 0 healthy options, just sodas, chips, etc. No fresh fruit or anything that wasn't processed foods. We did not purchase anything and I was thankful for the waters, fruit leathers and popcorn I stashed in our bag before heading in. Great visit and the kids are still talking about the fun they had there!

Visited March 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Just keeps getting better”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was raised up going to Sci-Quest. Now I take my kids and feel like I am a kid again. The amount they have grown is unreal. They have tons to do, hands on science. It is a definite must see for the whole family.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank MommySmith2
Huntsville, Alabama
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Good place for a rainy or cold day”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a great place for a rainy or cold day. You can let the kids loose and let them have a great time. I usually learn something too!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank ageinert
Atlanta, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Family Fun”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A great family outing!

We liked the "get your hands dirty" magnets and dust, building with iron shavings and magnets. Also, the "tornado" and the earthquake... don't miss them!

We were part of a small private dinner party. The food was privately catered and it was delicious, like a Thanksgiving buffet with homemade carrot cake. The children really enjoyed dinner and playing before and after!

Can't wait to see their new home in 2013!

Visited December 2012