“Expansive and lovely Grounds” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 71 things to do in Huntsville
Cullman, Alabama
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Expansive and lovely Grounds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

You would need at least 3 hours to walk the entire property, and it's better to have more time because the park is a long rectangle and there are many unique places you'll want to sit, rest, relax, and just enjoy looking around. Many areas do not have shade, so I would caution against visiting between 11am and 2pm on a very hot summer day. We loved the Butterfly House, the Japanese Garden and the turtles! The Rose Gardens are very open and hot (as many roses thrive in full sun) and that was tiring. The grounds are beautiful and there are some wooded paths that run along the perimeter, but not along the entire park. Beautiful spring, summer or fall. They have a drive-thru lights display at Christmas, but we've never done that.

1 Thank Julie G

Florence, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Georgeous Gardens with a butterfly area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our church group made a trip to the Gardens. It was well worth visiting. Beautiful flowers, a nursery especialy for butterflies, a miniture train scene. Tours, and a gift shop. They have special decoration during the Christmas reason which is amazing. Enjoyed!

1 Thank Mary M
New Market, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Galaxy of Lights”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

loved having the music while going through the gardens
displays were very bright and creative
staff very helpful and friendly
there were a lot of displays
well worth the money to go visit
I plan to visit the garden in the spring. Should be beautiful

1 Thank J L S
Kansas City
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dont Stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This view of the soo called botanical garden is a work in progress.. be better off to go to a flower shop and buy some

Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
150 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 192 helpful votes
“Galaxy of Lights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

My mother and I took my 5 year old twin boys to the Galaxy of Lights drive through. We have been the last 3 years in a row and it is something of a tradition for us now. We normally go on a weekday when it is not crowded. This was the first year we went on a weekend. The difference was staggering! I highly suggest going on a weeknight! Normally when we go there is no one in line near us and this time we had back to back cars the whole time! They also had us queueing in our car through this huge parking lot near the Space Center that was not lit up and just had saw horses and wires keeping you in line and my mother could not see them well and almost ran into them multiple times!

They really need to do something about that. Lights to make them more visible please!! I will email them about it. Otherwise the lights are beautiful and we love the displays. I think the drive through should be free for members, but they only get a $5 discount. We actually let our membership expire this year. If drive through was free we probably would have renewed.

I do like that you can get out at the Space Center and see Santa in the space ship sled and get your picture with him. There was no line for this even on a busy night! I also liked that they had peanut free chocolate chip cookies for sale and popcorn! Make sure to stop and check out that little area. It is neat for the kids with live reindeers and Santa and food.

1 Thank aprilsumner