“Homes from the 1800's...Can not be missed!”
Review of Twickenham

Twickenham
Ranked #14 of 76 things to do in Huntsville
Reviewed August 13, 2013

There is a "ghost tour" of Twickenham and I wish we could have gone on it so we could have learned more about the history of the homes in this area. They are beautifully restored and each home has a sign in front that says who was the original owner and the year the home was built. Even my teen daughter was fascinated.

1  Thank fixn2travel

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I can only imagine what this district looked like in it's heyday! It is beautiful and the architecture represented is fabulous! The district is small enough to walk around but you can also drive. You are not able to go into most homes or in the property but you can admire from the road. All houses have plaques with the original builders named and date it was built.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We enjoyed driving around this beautiful old neighborhood. Homes are old but well preserved and it is great that they have signs in front of the homes denoting the first owners' names and dates

1  Thank MIAMISHEILA
Reviewed April 15, 2013

It is a drive or walk only...not an inside home tour. I wanted to go in some homes but my husband just wanted to ride. So he was happy and I was a little disappointed but the cool thing is that ever home in the area had a sign that told you the family name and year the home was built.

1  Thank Renee D
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Twickenham is a wonderful place if you like historic homes or architecture. It's great to drive through but much better viewing if you walk. My husband and I will get a sitter for a "date" afternoon and wander around the neighborhood. It never gets old.

3  Thank Helen T