“Our stay at Double Tree, Hunstville, Alabama”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Our stay was fantastic, we were greeted by a very friendly female on check in (the cookie was great). The room was very clean. Will stay at Double Tree whenever possible. Will also recommend Double Tree to all my family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Paula E, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

I was happy to read your response and see that you had a great stay during your recent trip to our area. It is our staff who represents us and gives attentive and friendly service. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit! Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Every time I have to go to Huntsville, this is the only place I look to stay. The attentive staff and excellent surroundings make it a wonderful, relaxing place to stay away from home. The personal notes from the housekeeping ladies made my day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Paula E, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know how pleasant their stay was at the DoubleTree. Our staff truly goes out of their way to treat every guest as a guest in their own home. This hospitality carries over into all areas of the hotel with a flair for true southern hospitality. I am so glad to hear that you return to our hotel whenever you are in the area. On your next visit please let me know you are here so I can say hello and personally thank you. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Doubletree was great. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were up to date and clean. The staff in the dining area were extremely nice. The fitness room was excellent. Close proximity to business meeting. Close to great shopping and dining areas. Will use this hotel again for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are pleased our location was convenient for your meeting needs and that you found our hotel a great place to stay and our staff friendly and helpful. Thank you for taking the opportunity to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. It is our pleasure to provide you with clean, attentive and friendly service. Our heartfelt thanks for your very kind review. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in May. The staff was completely welcoming, helpful, and super friendly. All the staff always had a smile on their faces and they spoke every time you saw them. The rooms were cleaned to perfection. The beds are great for getting a good night's sleep. The bistro had a very good breakfast buffet. The hotel is gorgeous as far as decor goes. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

I was happy to read your response and see that you had a great stay during your recent trip to our area and you had the opportunity to eat in our restaurant. It is our staff who represents us and gives attentive and friendly service. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding the comfort of our beds also the cleanliness and décor of our hotel. It will be our pleasure to host you again in the future. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit! Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Reviewed May 8, 2014

There were no towels or wash cloths in the room, I had to call and request. The coffee pot did not work and the phone stopped working the morning of check out so I could not call room service while working at desk.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience you incurred at our hotel. We strive for excellence in customer service and it is reviews like yours that help us correct any inconsistencies as they happen. It is not our usual standard of cleanliness to overlook or provide service like what you received and I will make certain that I share your concerns with our housekeeping and maintenance staff. I hope that you afford us a future opportunity to regain your trust, so that you have the true DoubleTree experience the next time you visit Huntsville. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I chose this over the other 2 Hilton hotels in that immediate area because, though small, the availability of a second room was fabulous. We had a 2 bed Queen Suite and i was able to rise sometime before my husband, have my coffee, and read in the anteroom without disturbing him. That area contained a sectional sofa, desk, and a snack area with a small coffee pot, small microwave, and a fairly large refrigerator. The entire suite had 2 large TV's, 2 telephones, plenty of light, and very comfortable bedding. The room and bathroom were sparkling clean, all staff were friendly and helpful and response to our one request was immediate. It was too cold to use the pool but it appeared to be attractive and well kept with lots of seating. There is also another area accessed from the lobby that looks like it would be perfect for drinks or coffee in warmer weather. The hotel's location is excellent and close to several good restaurants. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Paula E, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

We appreciate your kind review. Thank you for noting your positive comments regarding the overall cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly service you received from our staff. It was very nice of you to take the time to share your comments. Also thank you for the positive feedback on the comfort of our suites and the amenities available at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Spent 12 nights here in a king bed suite. The room was great: clean, fridge, microwave, two TV's, with good climate control. The room was split into a bedroom and sitting area with a couch, coffee table and desk. The bathroom was very nice and I had good water pressure. The hotel is located in a good spot for Redstone and is walking distance to three restaurants,a pizza place and a coffee house. The bar and restaurant were nice and the happy hour prices were great. One of the bartenders was kind of surly, but the other was was friendly. The front desk staff were super friendly. The building itself is in pretty good shape...not so new and shiny looking, but worn and a bit dated.
One thing to note was the bed and five pillows were the most comfortable I've ever slept on, hands down. I wish I could have taken the mattress home with me! So comfy.
I only used the housekeeping service twice, once after 3 nights and once after 5 nights. The first service was perfect, the second one was a joke. The second housekeeper didn't change my sheets (their policy is after every 3 days), took my dirty towels but did not replace them, did not restock in-room coffee, took my dirty drinking glass from the bathroom and placed it next to the clean one near the service area (weird) and left the pillows on the couch on one side of the couch. Not sure if she got busy with something else, but that was the worst housekeeping service I've ever experienced.
Bottom line is that I would definitely stay here again even though there are newer properties in Huntsville. The staff was friendly, the room was spacious and the best was outstanding!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank silverstater

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know how enjoyable their stay was. We are pleased our location was convenient for your visit to Redstone and the many other establishments in our area. Customer care and cleanliness are amongst our highest priorities and we do measure ourselves on the standard of service our guests receive. On behalf of me and the entire staff of our hotel, we are truly sorry that we failed in these areas. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We take seriously the feedback that you provide and I assure you we are investigating your concerns. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to hotel in the future. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager