“Great rehab, very comfortable rooms/amenities.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here on family road trip to Destin, FL. It was a bit off the main highway. Rates were $10-$30 less than other places right off I-65 and included much more. The all suite-ooms were freshly remodeled and very clean. This helps with our gaggle of kids in tow, 2 queen beds and pull out bed from "L-shaped" sofa really helped. Lots of space and 2 TV's in our room. They have a restaurant and bar which we didn't use, but is a nice for future travel. Outdoor courtyard and pool were surrounded by the hotel, so it felt more private instead of looking over a busy road or highway. The warm signature chocolate cookie upon check in is always nice, and staff was accommodating, but I was pleasantly surprised when Abby the GM called me after our stay saying they found our baby's binky and offered to send it us. Will definitely stay here for future stops in the Huntsville area.

Room Tip: It's a 3 floor hotel with elevators. I liked being on the 1st floor overlooking the pool and clo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Paula E, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your drive through Huntsville. Our staff takes pride in delivering first class service and spends a considerable amount of time focused on all the details that make your stay a success. We appreciate your comments and are thrilled that we could contribute to your family’s trip on your way to Destin. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future. We will have a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for all of you. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice looking hotel
Open spaces

The front desk clerk was very friendly. Easy checkin

Room was a bit of a walk but worth it. King bed was a sweet sleep maker.

I loved the room. Very spacious and well decorated.
The only issue was the fridge they is noisy but that's everywhere now. The room has a door separating the living space so it was no big deal

Will return

• Stayed: September 2013

We appreciate your very honest review. It is a pleasure to hear both the Pro’s as well as the Con’s from our guest. I do apologize for the inconvenience you incurred caused by the noise of the refrigerator. I will make certain that I share your concern with our maintenance staff. Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding the size and decorating of our suites and the friendly service you received from our front desk team. It was very nice of you to take the time to share your thoughts with us. Thank you for your business. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2013

From check-in to check-out, our experience at this hotel was outstanding. The staff was so very helpful with directions and answered any questions we had. This is an outstanding property, wonderful accommodations. We visit Huntsville often, and will definitely stay at the Doubletree. (Pool is great!!!!)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I was happy to read your response and see that you had a great stay during your recent trip to our area. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. The next time you are in the hotel please give me the opportunity to meet you and personally thank you for your kind review. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I enjoyed my stay and all the hospitality that was given. The team was courteous and helpful. My entire family was blessed with the size of the rooms that gave my grandchildren space to move around. I give special thanks the Mr. Terrin (the desk attendant) for explaining why I should stay at their hotel. It was well worth the stay. Job well done.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments about your stay at our hotel. Our staff is who represents us and they work hard at giving attentive and friendly service. I will be happy to personally thank Terrin for explaining to you why you should have been our guest. We appreciate your business and we hope you stay with us again. Sincerely, Paula Evans General Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Destin, FL. For the price of a regular 2 queen bed room at other places, we got an awesome suite, 2 TVs, pull out sofa, fridge, microwave, and a very nice pool/lounge area with super pleasant staff. Definitely nice to have for the kids. Everything was new, modern, and very clean. It was a few more miles off the highway, but definitely worth it in breaking up the 14 hour drive with kids, especially with the pool and courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello SeanB, We would like to thank you for your great 5 star review! I can appreciate being able to find a hotel that meets / exceeds my expectations when traveling a long distance. We believe the amenities coupled with our award winning decor appeals to all ages. I am happy to hear that you and your family was able to enjoy our large outdoor pool and courtyard. If ever your travels bring you through Huntsville again, please come and visit us again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at another hotel in the area last month when I was in town on business and it was a disaster! It was so nice to feel like I was in a clean, quality hotel, where I felt safe and where staff was responsive and professional. A free breakfast as you find in the Hampton would be a nice addition for Hilton but the warm cookie is a treat!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We truly appreciate it...I'm sorry to hear of your previous experience with the other hotel. But, now you have found your home away from home. We look forward to having you back with us and don't forget that delicious warm chocolate chip cookie will be waiting for you.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Helpful staff, great rooms with living room and bedroom. Décor is up to the minute and much more than one would expect for this price point. I believe it won the best décor for 2012! Nice lobby bar, service was not great- server was new, second night bartender was our of basic stuff like Tonic water. But I would absolutely book this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Hello Ms. Peggy M, We appreciate your review and happy you enjoyed your stay with us. As indicated, the hotel did in fact win the ASID Silver Award and we are very proud of that distinction. From the lobby, to the outles and guestrooms we feel the designer hit it perfectly!

What was most concerning though was your comments regarding the service you received from our Food and Beverage associates. Please rests assure that I will be looking into this subject with my manager overseeing those departments. We pride ourselves in providing great service and when we miss it, we need to know why.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you in the near future.