“A pleasant stay at the Double Tree”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Hammond, Canada
“A pleasant stay at the Double Tree”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Double Tree Hilton on business. The staff are very friendly and the facilities very clean. The restaurant (the Alana Shay) had a good selection of food, all at reasonable prices. I wasn't fond of the breakfast buffet, though I was told it wasn't actually put out by the hotel cooking staff, rather it was from an outsourced food provider. The room was well kept, had a large bed, and the shower was very nice with a good strong water pressure. Sleeping was pleasant as the place is quiet and the curtains on the large windows are very heavy. They don't let any light in at all. In my opinion, this was a nice place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you Paul B for your kind words. We are pleased that your experience with us met your expectations. I am sorry to hear that the breakfast was not to your standards, The DoubleTree Wake Up breakfast buffet is a high priority, so I will speak with manager to identify any opportunities with our quality standards. We hope your travels bring you back to Huntsville and if so, a cookie is waiting for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I made a late telephone reservation with Teri for a one night stay, and she coordinated a special run out to the airport with the hotel's vehicle to pick me up. Although my flight was 30 minutes late, Eddie (my driver) waited patiently and was very professional. The recently renovated hotel had a large clean room with a comfortable king size bed. The next morning, I was made aware Golds Gym was available for guest's use, so Tony dropped me off and picked me up an hour later. I can't remember when I was treated this well by a hotel's staff. Overall the experience was exceptional due to the particularly accomodating staff, and I look forward to staying here again when I'm in Huntsville.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
We loved your review and thank you so much. We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts on your recent experience with us.

We're proud of our hotel, our associates, the overall amenities and facilities offered. I have made copies of your review and gave each associate you identified! They were super surprised...Your review serves as a fine testimonial that the MISSION that we set out to provide each and every day is in fact being realized.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our own special "oasis" here in Huntsville, Alabama.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Front Desk staff exceeded my expectations. Breakfast was well stocked and hot. The beds, oh, the beds!
CLEAN!

The only thing they failed is the comfort of the couch or hide-a-bed in the sitting room. It has to go!
No back support to watch TV while the wife sleeps.
Uncomfortable to sit on while conversing with wife while she is on the computer.

Room Tip: unable to offer anything special
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to The DoubleTree Suites Huntsville-South.

It was a pleasure to be of service to you and delighted that you found the staff to be of high caliber.

We all look forward to welcoming you back should your travels return you to this area.
Senoia, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Double Tree Suites was a great surprise. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Everything seemed new and fresh. The hotel was renovated from a former Radisson hotel and really worked out well. If you need to do business at the Redstone Arsenal or NASA this is very convenient to both and dining is within walking distance as well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We are very happy that your stay with us was met your expectations! The staff will enjoy your review of our hotel. We hope to see you again real soon!
Daphne, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I loved the decor, the room was clean and the stay was nice. I had paid for my stay with advance purchase and it was debited from my account prior to my stay. However when I came home, I had 2 other charges on my account from the hotel for a total of almost $400. Turns out my card was charged for another guest's hotel stay. I have not received a refund yet, and am extremely unhappy. I am concerned that this was either a security issue on their part, or that of an incompetent employee. Pay with cash if you'd like to stay here, that's all I can say.

1 Thank Jaimie W
Huntsville
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Little pricey, but absolutely fantastic hotel- from staff to luxury to food. No problems whatsoever. The room I stayed in was absolutely beautiful. I would stay at this hotel again if I am in Hunstville. The room I stayed in was absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are very happy that your experience with us exceeded your expectations! I'm very proud of our staff members and to know they impacted your stay is great! We look forward to you coming back and visitng us in the future!
Pembroke Pines, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family enjoyed our experience immensely. The Manager and the Front Desk personnel were extremely helpful and courteous. They often went the extra mile to ensure all our needs were met. The kitchen staff were also quite pleasant and responsive to our requests. An overall excellent experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to place such wonderful review. We try each day to make emotional connections with our guests and from your comment about the staff, we certainly did. Thank you again and if you should be in our area, please come visit us!