“Nice and Clean, but charged me for someone's else room”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Daphne, United States
“Nice and Clean, but charged me for someone's else room”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I loved the decor, the room was clean and the stay was nice. I had paid for my stay with advance purchase and it was debited from my account prior to my stay. However when I came home, I had 2 other charges on my account from the hotel for a total of almost $400. Turns out my card was charged for another guest's hotel stay. I have not received a refund yet, and am extremely unhappy. I am concerned that this was either a security issue on their part, or that of an incompetent employee. Pay with cash if you'd like to stay here, that's all I can say.

1 Thank Jaimie W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Huntsville
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Little pricey, but absolutely fantastic hotel- from staff to luxury to food. No problems whatsoever. The room I stayed in was absolutely beautiful. I would stay at this hotel again if I am in Hunstville. The room I stayed in was absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are very happy that your experience with us exceeded your expectations! I'm very proud of our staff members and to know they impacted your stay is great! We look forward to you coming back and visitng us in the future!
Pembroke Pines, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family enjoyed our experience immensely. The Manager and the Front Desk personnel were extremely helpful and courteous. They often went the extra mile to ensure all our needs were met. The kitchen staff were also quite pleasant and responsive to our requests. An overall excellent experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to place such wonderful review. We try each day to make emotional connections with our guests and from your comment about the staff, we certainly did. Thank you again and if you should be in our area, please come visit us!
Decatur
Reviewed May 20, 2013

If only for the warm cookie at arrival, this hotel is worth the drive. A little further out from the "main drag" of Huntsville, you definitely feel isolated if most of your business is in the city proper. But the staff is wonderful, the accommodations are lovely and like I said, the warm cookie is to die for!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind comments...You are absolutely right, that cookie is just wonderful! We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and we hope you return real soon.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel is just off the state road 231, and is extremely close to Redstone. Lobby is very nice and welcoming, new carpets everywhere. Rooms were a very nice size. Workout facilities on site were fine, but the doubletree has a deal with golds gym just a few miles away which you can use for free with guest card. That was awesome as they were a fully furnished golds gym. The location is not far from a large amount of restaurants and shopping, also the space camp is a 10 minute drive up 231 to 565.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We appreciate your kind comments about the property. I happy to hear you were able to utilize the partnership we have with Gold's Gym. At times, hotel fitness facilities just do not provide all the equipment for the serious workout individual, that is why we are happy to be able to provide an alternative location. Please come see us again real soon.
Kalamazoo, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had a VERY pleasant experience at this Hotel..I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in the area. The Service was excellent, the rooms where very clean...the staff was both professional and friendly...As we pulled out both my husband and I agreed that if we where to come back...this is the hotel we would use. THANK YOU!!! to all the staff at the Double Tree hotel in Huntsvill, AL who made our stay memorable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank You!! Your wonderful comments are very much appreciated by all here at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South. Just this morning I read your review to the enitre morning staff here at the property...What a great way to start everyone's day. Knowing we left a lasting impression and memories you can keep forever validates why we are in this business. Always remember you have friends here in Huntsville! See you soon!
Louisville, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was told to book a room in this place from work, and I must say that the place was great! Everyone was courteous and helpful. The food was great in the lunch/dinner halls and the room service was perfect, though delivery times did vary day to day. This is a perfect choice for anyone with business in the Huntsville Area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jesse M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! It is absolutely wonderful that we were recommended and expectations were exceeded. The staff will certainly love to hear your comments. Thank you for your great review and we hope you will be able to come back and see us again real soon.