“My favorite Doubletree!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Brandon, Florida
“My favorite Doubletree!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed in several Doubletree hotels and this one is definitely my favorite. It is very inviting from the outside and very contemporary and trendy inside. I'm not sure if this is a new hotel or an older one that had been renovated, but I absolutely adore the decor of the entire place. The colors of the furniture, cushions, and even the walls are very invigorating.
I ordered room service from the hotel restaurant, Café Alana Shay, and the food was amazing!! I ordered the roasted chicken that came with succotash and kale. The chicken was roasted to perfection and the skin was perfectly salted and crispy. I'm a huge fan of crispy chicken skin so I was very excited to find that it was cooked perfectly.
The staff was very inviting and helpful. The business center was set up very nicely with 3 very large screened computers and a printer.
I go to Huntsville a few times a year so I plan on staying here every single time!
Very well done, Hilton!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recently stayed here on a business trip.

Exterior does not do the facility any justice. My first impression was...really? However, the lobby is very "modern" and the rooms are just as nice. It appears that the facility was undergoing a facelift, so maybe the exterior will catch up to the interior soon.

The one thing I could not relate to, was the 2hr limit on the free WiFi service, otherwise you had to pay $9.99 each day. Almost a "bait & switch" technique to make you think they have free Wifi. Not so bad if they also provided a hard line ethernet connection as an alternate.

Overall...nice, but with internet connectivity important in my business, I wold most likely find another facility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Have never stayed at this property before, but it's going to be my choice from now on. Newly renovated, the rooms are great. Big, suite style room, with two big flatscreens. The walk-in shower was great, too. Food was pretty good as well. Staff was excellent in all areas. I don't see how you can top this place without paying twice as much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We just stayed for one night on our way to Florida. The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly. However, the bed was awful and the air woke us up every time it came on (which was a lot). Left not feeling rested.

The only other issue I had is when I booked the room the website said it had a heated indoor pool. The hotel does not have this. There was an outdoor pool and a hot tub that was freezing. I checked their website before writing this review and they still advertise a heated indoor pool. Kids were disappointed.

From their website:

24-hour fitness center
Great food at Café Alana Shay

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms completely remodeled just like new. We needed a place to stay while work was done on our house. This hotel was close and met our needs. Would stay here again if needed. I have no idea why reviews have to be 200 characters long so I typed this to fill space.

• Stayed September 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was brand new and really nicelly decorated. All of the rooms are suites so they are large and comfortable. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. Only downsides-- the staff appear to be very inexperienced. Before I arrived, I had called to ask about a really good restaurant where I had previously eaten, which was also close to the hotel. (I was hoping the restaurant was still there.) No one at the hotel knew what I was talking about.  When I arrived at the hotel, however, I saw that the restaurant was essentially across the parking lot. (D & L Bistro-- great food and quiet). Also no full length mirror. When I suggested to the manager that they get the mirrors, she giggled. But, that said, the rooms had a microwave and refrigerator. Price was very reasonable and I will definately return. One other suggestion. The workout room in the hotel is small but it has free weights along with aerobic machines. However, there is a new a YMCA about 5 miles away which is worth the drive.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Deborah M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel was beautiful! The decor was amazing. I give a hat off to the designer. However, The staff was inexperienced. No one seemed to be trained properly prior to opening (just opened a week ago). The house keeping didn't clean our room. The one time, in our four day stay, that our room was cleaned they took the sheets off my children's bed and didn't replace, leaving my girls sleeping on a bed with no sheets that night. It was just an experience I didn't need. I highly recommend The Hampton next door. It isn't as new or flashy but definitely warm and welcoming!

• Stayed August 2012