“Fun”

Harmony Park Safari
Ranked #4 of 69 things to do in Huntsville
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I especially enjoyed the buffalo coming right up to the window of my car. It scared me when I saw him smear his wet nose across my window.

3  Thank 1234qwe
There are newer reviews for Harmony Park Safari

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's a little tiny drive-through zoo with the usual suspects - mostly goat and deer-like critters. Almost all of the animals know the drill - rube drives in, charge the car, block the road and wait for the sucker to throw out the treats. I finally figured out you just need to keep moving - slowly. A baby deer-like animal actually was lying in the road and would not move, even after I honked several times. They did have a cool long-horn type of bovine. These animal have no fear of man or mobile (auto). Still, it was an entertaining 45 mins.

3  Thank mmbhm
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The animals will get in the car as much as you allow which can be a little scary. We had a good time and enjoyed seeing the animals up close. The only thing we felt a little uncomfortable about was the animals being so close to the vehicle and possibly scratching the paint. At one point we had an ostrich pecking near the window and a ram appear as if he was about to ram the vehicle. Over all it was fun but expect your vehicle to get extremely dirty if not scratched.

2  Thank kin575
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We decided to go to this place on a rainy day to get my four year old son out of the house for a little while. The staff was either unfriendly, or just not thrilled to see a visitor in the rain. It was great to have the animals come right up to the car. There are a ton of deer that surrounded our vehicle. It was easy to see immediately that the animals definitely expected treats. Most of the animals were very friendly and didn't cause any issues. It's a really bad idea to open your windows more than halfway, because they will definitely try to get in the car with you. I stopped to take a picture of a ram, and he jumped up on my car and his horns knocked into it when he jumped it down. I wouldn't go in a car that I didn't mind getting a scratch on. We will go back on a sunny day because there is also a reptile house and a part to walk through. My son loved it, and the price is awesome!

3  Thank Daphnekay
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

For the money a great value. The animals are friendly to say the least. They will get up close and personal looking dor food in the cars.. the zebra and buffalo were hillarious. My husband and I enjoyed as well as our 12 year old. Great value at $7 a person plus $5 for buckets of food.

4  Thank misa7677

Been to Harmony Park Safari? Share your experiences!