“Excellent BBQ & Service”

Moe's Original Bar B Que
Ranked #112 of 619 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Moe's Original Bar B Que serves up an award-winning, all things Southern, BBQ experience. Our fast casual eatery and catering company offers Moe’s award-winning Bama-style BBQ offerings including Pulled Pork, Ribs, Wings, Chicken and Turkey in addition to Catfish and a Shrimp Moe-Boy sandwich, not to mention an array of Southern Sides prepared fresh daily. Large party takeout orders and full service catering with delivery are also available.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've eaten at more than half a dozen BBQ places in Huntsville, and this is the best one I've found so far. I liked it better than Granville's. This Moe's is in Providence, an upscale neighborhood. It was new and clean, even the bathroom.

Our food was at our table within a minute of placing our order.

I think they do have a bar.

My wife and I split a Pulled Pork Platter, with cornbread & 2 small sides. I think I could have eaten the whole platter myself. So, next time we split a meal here, I'll be inclined to try their banana pudding, also.

I had a soft drink. I think my wife drank water. For this light supper, our total bill was just under $14, if I remember correctly.

I thought the music was pretty good. The first song was a bit raucous -- some southern rock group that I didn't recognize. However, it got better. I recognized the next three songs (a Johnny Cash, a bluegrass song, and a country song.) The restaurant's music system sounded very good, also.

We arrived about 4:15 PM on a cold Tuesday, and luckily were able to park on the curb directly in front of the restaurant.

1  Thank Steve M

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The BBQ is average, but the sides are fantastic. Where most BBQ places have beans and potatoes, they Moe's has a rotation of great southern sides.

1  Thank eatyourwayhome
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The name really didn't make me want to try the dish, however, I heard the guy next to me in line telling his friend how great they were so I had to try. I have been back twice in the last four days to get them again. WOW! Awesome is the beat way to describe the homemade chips covered in pulled pork, and topped with some kind of slaw and a combination of cheese and a special sauce. You have to try this one!

1  Thank Don D
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Smoked chicken, pulled pork and ribs are mouthwatering, but we go there for the sides as much as for the delicious smoked meats. Best greens in Huntsville! Kids love the mac & cheese. Slaw is healthy, crunchy and great on smoked chicken sandwich. Love, love the watermelon cucumber salad in summer and their crunchy broccoli saad. mmmm!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I cook it, I eat it all over the south east, and this some of the best Bar BQ I have ever eaten. Slow cooked to perfection using fruit wood. Great pulled pork, ribs and fantastic catfish. They have homemade side dishes that change daily, except for the cloeslaw and beans. To compliment the food, they have a full bar and local tap beer (Straight to Ale). Come early, because when it's gone, it's gone!

1  Thank Randy B