“Wonderful”

Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Charleston, West Virginia
“Wonderful”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were in town for a Conference at the Von Braun Center. Our group prefers to stay at Marriott properties so it was a no brainer when we booked at the Residence Inn. On long weekend conferences we prefer the Residence Suites so we can have room to spread out. Starting at Check in we were reminded that we had made the right choice. The Front Desk staff were all super friendly and were fast to process our check in. I can' t speak for the rest of our group (there were a total of 10 of us traveling together) but I was really appreciative of this as we only had a short time to get changed for the opening of our conference. The room was spotless, not even a speck of dust was to be found. The shower was excellent! Most hotels, especially when sold out like this weekend, it's hard to get enough hot water. I didn't have that problem at all during our stay. The breakfast attendant did a really good job keeping up with the many people in the breakfast area each morning. Overall Great Stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ontheroadagainjc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We (2 adults, 2 teens) had a 2-room suite for a couple of nights and had a pleasant but average experience. I've stayed in other larger Residence Inns in larger cities and this one in Huntsville didn't quite measure up to those, which is understandable. It seemed a little dated and basic. The room was OK with all the expected essentials. (We had minor problems with two doors not staying open, one heating vent blowing cold air, only one spare blanket, and a smelly bathroom floor drain.) Breakfast was likewise OK but not exceptional. Staff was friendly and helpful.

If I need to stay in Huntsville again, I'll consider staying here again but feel I could get the same or better experience elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank alhearn
Jennifer M, Manager at Residence Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We very much appreciate your feed back regarding your stay at the Residence Inn Huntsville. We have provided your feedback to our maintenance department and they are working on correcting the issues. We are extremely happy that overall you enjoyed your stay and we would be happy to have you and your family back any time.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I had to go to Huntsville on short notice and the hotel to stay at was the Residence Inn. It is located off a main thoroughfare with constant traffic. I was fortunate as this did not affect my sleep for the days I was there. Also that particular week was a cold one in north Alabama and I can say the facilities were working just fine. A very comfortable place definitely.

I tried breakfast a couple of times and you got the basics every day. Given that it is a property for extended stays there are options close by to shop for groceries and make use of the kitchen in the room. I did that and also tried two of the restaurants along that main thoroughfare. The restaurants were ok.

I tried to make use of the gym, however good luck if you try to go in between 6:00 and 6:30 AM. A limited space and simply not meant to have more than three people at a time.
The property had a pool and barbecue grill, but the cold front made this impossible.

If I had to return to Huntsville I would consider staying again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chillinathtown
Jennifer M, Manager at Residence Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We appreciate you staying with us here at the Residence Inn Huntsville. We were happy to see that you found our location accomidating to your needs. Our local restruants are great! We find our location great for shopping, dining, and close to most work locations Huntsville.

Due to the size of our fitness center we have partnered with a local gym, Power House Fitness. Our staff will be happy to provide you with a pass on your next visit. The are located about 1/2 mile east of us and are open from 5am to 10pm.

Thank you for staying with us and we look foward to serving you again in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Recently spent two weeks in Huntsville to attend some training and enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn.

Pros: Friendly staff, clean rooms, outdoor bbq area, small kitchenette, full size refrigerator, free daily breakfast and evening appetizers on Tues-Thurs.

Cons: Only two that really aren't the hotels fault. One, the local trash truck made an almost daily 4AM trip to empty the big dumpsters at this hotel and the one across the street. If you're a light sleeper I'd recommend requesting a room on the west side of the hotel. I mentioned it to the front desk and they were going to try to get the garbage trucks to come later in the day. Second, it's located off a busy highway and traffic can be really heavy during rush hour.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper I would request a room on the west side (away from the pool and basketbal...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I've stayed in quite a few hotels in Huntsville for business trips, and the Residence Inn has been where I've returned over and over again. It's clean and well maintained (other hotels had mold, bugs, or the bathroom was cracked or chipped up).

The staff really makes this hotel. The General Manager, Neil, knows my name on sight, even after an 11 month absense. The ladies who cook breakfast always have a warm greeting for you, and they take their cooking of both breakfast and the social dinners seriously and want to give you the best experience. The housekeepers had a smile and greeting when I saw them in the halls. The front desk staff had a greeting whether you were coming in or going out. They are more than willing to chat with you and are very personable.

Their social hour is fun. You can meet people from all over the place. They have free dinner, wine and beer. Depending on the night, this can be a very busy place. It's worth stopping by, meeting new people, or at least getting a beverage or plate of food before going back to your room.

The location is great if you're looking for a lot of restaurants and basic shops. It's right off of University (one of the main roads in HSV), with a shopping center that has a Target in it, a Walmart less than 5 minutes down the road, and is surrounded by restaurants. It is less than 10 minutes from the Bridgestreet Shops (high end outdoor mall). Downtown is about 20 minutes away.

If you're looking for luxury, this isn't the place to go, but you should know that if you're looking to stay at a Residence Inn. Occasionally at night the front desk staff isn't up front 100% of the time. All you have to do is call out and they'll come out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Unknown
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here while on business for 2 weeks, and I couldn't have asked for anywhere better to stay. The room I stayed in had a seperated bed area from the living room and the kitchen was great for cooking and I hate having to constantly eat out so this place is ideal for people who want a stove and a full size fridge. It's like an apartment it doesn't feel like you're staying in a hotel room. The staff were great, they were always very friendly and would help whenever I needed anything. The young girl at the desk that was always there during the evenings suggested places for me to go eat and printed out directions to some places and I just felt very well taken care of during my stay. I will definitely stay again on my next trip back and would recommend this place to anyone seeking a high quality greatly staffed hotel to stay in!

• Stayed October 2013
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel two or three times before, so the location and amenities were no surprise. In that sense, in fact, they are the normal set of things you expect at a Residence Inn. That said, the staff was uninformed about the local area (the clerk claimed there were no restaurants within walking distance -- there must be 15) and the internet connectivity was the worst I've experienced in years. Even after asking the day manager about the internet, it got no better. I'm a Marriott Platinum member, but sadly this hotel is off my list.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank William D
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. In an effort to provide the best internet service to our guests we invested in an internet upgrade earlier this year. Our internet service provider monitors our system for issues and when an issue is found immediately contacts us to address the issue. We also have the ability to contact them when we have a complaint. We are currently investigating the problem so that our guests do not experience this problem in the future. Again, we appreciate our guests like you bringing this to our attention so we know to address it.
I appreciate your feedback about requests for restaurants within walking distance. Since "walking distance" does vary from person to person, your feedback inspired me to create a list of restaurants with the cooresponding distance in miles (or less) to each. That way when a guest in the future asks what restaurants are within walking distance, we will have a list for them to choose what sounds appetizing to them and is worth the walk! I hope you will give us another try as we do strive to provide the best service to our guests. And with guests like you to help us find areas for improvement...I know that we will continue to improve with every stay!