“Not worth the price”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The theater is beautiful! The food is good. Prive seating is so comfortable! But if they insist on selling tickets for specific seats, they need to have ushers. I have yet to have a good experience at this theater simply because of confusion over seating. This is by far the prettiest, cleanest theater in town and the closest one to my home, but I refuse to go there anymore. There is no reason to spend that much on a ticket when there is a guarantee of confrontation over what seat you're sitting in. I have never asked someone to move from the seat that I bought a ticket for, but have repeatedly been forced out of seats by others. Sometimes they read their ticket wrong and believed I was in their seat when I was not. Sometimes I had been displaced by someone else and was bumped several times by others who had purchased the seat I had been pushed to. I have never successfully purchased tickets for a group. We always end up being split up over some confusion with seating. For that price, it's just ridiculous. When they get ushers or start selling tickets on a first come, first serve basis, I will gladly start coming here again!

Visited November 2013
7 Thank shiloh10127

Russellville, Alabama
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Reserve VIP for Date Night!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was an awesome date night! My hubby got a VIP pass and we had special seating. They served drinks, there was a quaint seating area with bar food before the movie. Everything was first class! This is the place to go if you want to impress your date!

Visited February 2014
5 Thank Raineybeth
Madison, Alabama
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Best movie place in Huntsville”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Best movie place in Huntsville. Love the upstairs Prive theatres where you can enjoy food and drink in the movie. Very comfortable chairs.

2 Thank Jeff H
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Buy a regular ticket”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We come back to Monaco pictures for several reasons. We eat at the Scene and then go to the flick. We ONCE tried the PRIVE' experience. It was not worth what we paid for. If you are going to offer balcony seating and the option to have food that requires utensils while seated in the theater you should have a bigger area with a pull out or flip up tray table. Also the seats should recline or swivel. We have been to a upscale theater in Fairfax VA that also offered a PRIVE' style experience and was waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better then Monaco Pictures. Needless to say we still come here for a dress up date night and pay to see a movie in the theater and enjoy our time out. We just won't pay the extra ticket costs for the PRIVE' experience because it wasn't worth it. All in all the theater here is nice but the PRIVE' experience needs improvements for the cost. Also if you come to see a movie the best time to come is not the HIGH traffic time to go. If a movie is premiering that night or THAT weekend then wait a couple days and choose a time that the theater is not going to be overcrowded. Better seats to choose from then and less noise from a packed theater. Give yourself some room the spread out and then enjoy.

4 Thank Donovan D
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Spend the extra few dollars to watch your movie in a Prive theater. Movies + booze + no kids allowed = YES.

Visited June 2014

Been to Monaco Pictures? Share your experiences!