“Excellent casual dining”
Review of Commerce Kitchen

Commerce Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Commerce Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 620 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Huntsville, Commerce Kitchen serves Southern Gourmet cuisine in a bluesy bistro setting.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

One step below Cotton Row. (same owner) Good food, good service and not as fancy as its sister restaurant. Better atmosphere for kids. Good for a business lunch or taking the family out for dinner.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The association of fried food and the south does not hold here. Went for lunch and returned for dinner. Very pleasant decor which does not look like Huntsville. Food was imaginative and very good. Do make a reservation as busy at lunch and dinner.

1  Thank Fauxlapin
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We really enjoyed this place that is owned by the same folks who own Cotton Row. The menu is less "fancy", but is very good and still upscale. The theme is to offer menu items with fresh ingredients and with a Southern twist. A unique place with a unique food offering. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Commerce Kitchen is, hands down, my favorite local restaurant. I go here several times a month, it's that good. This place is pretty versatile; I've gone on romantic dates, one-on-one dinners with my best friend, drinks & appetizers at the bar and for brunch.
Brunch is always really fantastic. The biscuits are incredible. I typically order eggs and breakfast potatoes, but everything else I've seen go by me while I'm dining looks incredible.
The real star of the show is their fried chicken, though. I seriously cannot get enough of the stuff. I'm not a fan of collard greens, and I didn't really enjoy the mashed maple sweet potatoes, so I tend to sub them for parmesan fries, which are amazing!
My only complaint about the place is that some of their staff could stand to be about a million times more polite and affable.
Seriously though, if you haven't tried this place out yet....get on it!

1  Thank AEW86
Charlotte O, General Manager at Commerce Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for the great review!! We value our guests and hope that every experience at Commerce Kitchen is amazing!!

I would like to get some more info on the service side of things if you wouldn't mind. My assistant manager is there on Sundays and while she does a great job; she is newer and may not be watching/working with the servers as close as I would like.

Could you describe the person/persons who did not provide you with the most excellent service? It is the best way for me to pinpoint who I need to personally work with and make sure that everyone is giving the best service possible every shift.

Thank you so much!! We look forward to serving you again sometime soon!

Charlotte Overturf
(256) 382-6622
coverturf@boyceconcepts.com

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We've been here several times. The food has always been good. The service on the other hand...and it's not the waitstaff, it's one of the managers. Our personal experience with him on multiple occasions was not good: he's condescending, rude, and you would think his actions were with intent to put this otherwise fine eating establishment in a bad light with its patrons. It's a shame. From a culinary perspective this place is worth a higher rating, as are the poor staffers who have to put up with the manager.

2  Thank sparkopotamus