“Great food and great service”
Review of Commerce Kitchen

Commerce Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Commerce Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 619 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Huntsville, Commerce Kitchen serves Southern Gourmet cuisine in a bluesy bistro setting.
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't crazy about the fried green tomatoes my friend ordered. I've had better. The mahi mahi was delicious. My friends red fish was extremely spicy and my husbands shrimp and grits were so spicy he couldn't eat it. My food was delicious, great service and atmosphere.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I were downtown Thursday evening for the Greene Farmers Market and decided to give Commerce Kitchen a try. The "Happy Hour" (4-6 pm) is supposed to offer $1 off draft beer at the bar. We arrived early (5:15 pm) and found the very small bar area (only seating for 10 people) already filled. When we asked about any Happy Hour specials at the tables, we were advised (of course) that Happy Hour specials were only available at the (packed) bar.

We decided to be seated and ordered drinks (rather on the expensive side - $9 for a glass of wine) and appetizers (what we had originally came in for). My wife's appetizer (4 large pieces of fried green tomatoes for $9) looked and tasted very good. It was well presented and well-prepared. She said she would order it again.

My appetizer (wedge salad), however, was almost laughable. I am used to good wedge salads (think Brio Tuscan Grill) that use at least 1/6 and sometimes up to 1/4 of the head of lettuce. What arrived was small part of a head of lettuce with only the outside lettuce leaves. I don't know where the rest of the "wedge" went, but it definitely was not on my plate and not worth the price ($9). This was brought to the attention of our waitress (who did provide good service).

To his (and the restaurant's) credit, the manager did approach our table to apologize and offer a free dessert. We declined his offer and advised him we had come for appetizers and were not interested in dessert. We paid our bill and left.

I had read the (mostly) good reviews on this restaurant and that's why we decided to give it a try. Based on our recent experience, it is unlikely we will be returning in the future. There are too many other good restaurants in the area to chance another experience like this one.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

l keep coming back for the fried green tomatoes, and the shrimp and grits. Good beer selections. Good, prompt service. All the others in our party loved their food too. Hope to come back soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I had the shrimp and grits. Whoa, glad I don't have high blood pressure. I am a salt lover, but this was as if someone dropped the salt shaker in the grits, plus there was bacon in it. I couldn't get through it, so ordered the soup. I guess the salt was intentional because again inedible. My husband's steak was tasty but tough. Really disappointed. Lê Cirque. Got to be kidding.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Have been looking forward to lunching at this restaurant for sometime. It did not disappoint. We both had the special for the day and dessert. The catfish special was very good and beer was cold. We ate in the bar area and server did a good job. I would dine here again.