“You Wouldn't Guess.....”
Review of Commerce Kitchen

Commerce Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Commerce Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 609 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Huntsville, Commerce Kitchen serves Southern Gourmet cuisine in a bluesy bistro setting.
Huntsville, AL
“You Wouldn't Guess.....”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Exceptional food... a bit pricey, but worth it. For that special dinner or occasion. Downtown is a great place to be for dinner or lunch.

Visited February 2013

“Terrible Service and outrageous auto-tip! Beware Travelers!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family was in town for our daughter's volleyball tournament. As a result of having eaten at Commerce Kitchen the year before, we recommended it to fellow team parents and they were willing to go based on our recommendation. After making three calls to expand the reservation to 15 people for 9:30 pm on a Saturday night, we were assured that we would be taken care of and that they would be staffed and able to serve our party. I specifically stated there would be separate checks and was assured "no problem".

Dinner arrived at a reasonable time and the food was good. The problems began after the meal arrived..

We waited for 20 min for our bills after asking our server, only to have to track the "acting GM" down to ask for our bills. Once the bills arrived, they had calculated a 20% tip on the TOTAL amount (on top of the tax) for a total tip of 23%!! When asked why, we were told it was the Maitre D software and since the "real GM" wasn't in, there was nothing to be done to correct the bills. Nothing was offered to compensate the recognized error. My name and address were taken down to be contacted by the "real GM". Hasn't happened yet... But there is more!

By the time we left the restaurant, it was 11:50 pm. Understand that we asked for our bill at 10:35 pm. We were the only customers remaining as they close at 10 pm. One register open, one new server re-inputing the charges one at a time, and one hour and fifteen minutes later, we were out of the door.

I travel quite extensively and I have never encountered such dis-function. We brought over $600 worth of business to them the last 30 minutes of operation on a Saturday night. They haven't the courtesy to adjust the over-tip or speed the payment process by opening another register. The arrogance shown to "out-of-towners" should embarrass the locals.

Travelers beware!!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Bivfam
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“lunch drop in”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

burger with fancy french cheese is worth the price.
dress up a bit, if your in jeans you'll feel a bit underdressed

Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific place”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Love the decor and feel of the place...very classy. I've had lunch and dinner here several times. Everything is always awesome. Highly recommend. And, the ritz and pimento...it's really ritz crackers and it tastes great! My friend and I debated this before we ordered and laughed ourselves silly when it came out with actual Ritz Crackers. She thought it was a type of cheese....nope, good ole Ritz. ;) The rissoto is really good. I tried the fried green tomatoes on my first visit and just found them to be okay. Wouldn't recommend them for a country girl who knows how to make them. Everything else I've tried, I loved.

Midwest family
“Lunch at Commerce Kitchen”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere and the building itself, but the food was just okay. They were out of the fish selections so I settled for the fried chicken breast and sweet potato fries. Husband had Caesar salad with salmon which he enjoyed. Biggest disappointment was the sliver of pecan pie for dessert. Two bites and it was gone which was okay because it was dry and tasteless. No where near an excellent rating in my travels.