“Great Atmosphere/Great Food”
Review of Commerce Kitchen

Commerce Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Commerce Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 609 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Huntsville, Commerce Kitchen serves Southern Gourmet cuisine in a bluesy bistro setting.
“Great Atmosphere/Great Food”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We ate Sunday "brunch" at Commerce Kitchen. Located right on the old town square, in an old bank building, it was a delight from start to finish. The entire experience was great, we are moving to Huntsville and I believe CK may be one of our repeat favorites.

The choices on the menu were quite diverse, I ended up having the bar-b-que shrimp on parmesan grits and a bowl of corn chowder. The other three members in our party tried different dishes, all of them claiming theirs was the best.

Relaxing and quaint atmosphere, great food and the service was outstanding. Give it a try!

• Visited November 2012

“Always good!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and i recently took our 14 year old to CK at his request. I had taken him to lunch there this summer as my office is nearby and he loved the cheese fries (really cheese sauce and good pork bacon) and burgers. They are always incredible and the best anywere.

I had the Quail appetizer and my wife had a fried goat cheese salad and both were incridble. My son even like the Quail. I had the nightly fish special, which is ALWAYS good. They change the menu up (and the burger adn fries my son had weren't on the menu but they prepared that without hesitation).

One other great item to try is the Grits and Grillades......get it and thank me later!

• Visited October 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
“Uptown Southern Creative Cookin'”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I liked the creativity & spirit of these folks -- excellent. Bring your Southern sense of humor. (Look for the white linen table cloths -- with brown kraft paper on them. And the light bulbs over the booths that look like they're from Edison's workshop. Watch to see if they switch your white linen napkin for a black one, and see if they put your place setting beside you, instead of in front of you.) We came at Sunday brunch time. We lucked out and were seated immediately in a booth. However, reservations are recommended. The menu read like the table of contents in a Southern Living brunch cookbook: Fried Chicken & Waffles (with white gravy), Green Tomatoes, Grits.... My wife and I ordered a Ham Frittata. It was mostly eggs, like an omelet. They split it for us for free. We ordered hot teas, and later ordered a couple of servings of Chocolate Chess Pie. Our bill for this was $34.50, but we'd known before we came that they are somewhat pricey. Our server, Sandra, was very good, as was the food. When we first arrived, we were greeted by a smiling young assistant manager, who gave us some menu recommendations. The music was a lively light jazz, but not too loud. The restaurant was a little loud due to the hard surfaces and the chatter of all the diners, but it did not drown out our conversation. My wife thanked me for bringing her here. We left happy, and we'll want to come again to try some of the other interesting southern menu items. Since we were there outside of courthouse business hours, we could park free on the street. Otherwise, there is a metered parking lot about half a block east of the restaurant. You can also ask the restaurant about valet parking.

• Visited September 2012
“Nice place”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I ate here for dinner while in Huntsville, It is a nice place and is easy to find. Lots of good options for food, I tried the fried green tomato appetizer and it was amazing. Who would have thought I could have been so impressed with a tomato!

1 Thank MN-Funstuff
Brownsboro, AL
“Very Fine Dinner....Great Service and Food.....”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Dined at Commerce Kitchen with another couple on a Friday night....the place was hopping but we thankfully thought ahead and made a reservation! Our server quickly greeted us and took our drink order after telling us the drink special for the evening....it was a wonderful grapefruit/basil gin martini...OMGosh a perfect start for our awesome dinner. We started with the Pan Fried Goat Cheese Salad, Lobster Chowder and the Fried Green Tomatoes....all were EXCELLENT!! Our dinner choices for the evening were Shrimp and Grits, Oyster Basket, Blackened Blue Tilapia and the Crab Cakes....no complaints on these....EXCELLENT as well. The stars of this dining experience were the martini and the goat cheese! Chef Boyce has excelled with Commerce Kitchen.....is on my list of favorite places!!!

• Visited August 2012