“very disappointed in my stay”

Super 8 Huntsville Alabama
Ranked #46 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The location of the hotel was great i had access to the locations i had to visit. The staff was helpful in helping me to access the internet. The rates was very cheap and thats what i experience a very cheap stay. The hotel was outdated. The curtains were very dusty and coming off the curtain rod. The carpet was very old and needed replacing. Breakfast time started at 6am and i went to breakfast at 7am and there was nothing left. I did find a gallon of milk and orange juice in the refrigerator. I thought that was unsanitary because thats something you would have at home not at a hotel among strangers. My overall experience wasn't great at all.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Angie A

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The senior/AARP discount was a good rate.
It is clean. Desk clerk friendly. Downhill from there.
We reserved ahead and asked for first floor room (knee problem); were assigned a third floor (no elevator) room.
Neighbors had TV going full blast most of the night
In room coffee was undrinkable
Trash cans in hallway in morning indicated people living there, not just overnighting
Continental breakfast at 7:30 had only 6 slices of bread and some kids' cold cereal available

Room Tip: Stay at a different motel (better value at Super 8 at I-65 exit 334--we didn't check it first)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edge W
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank myra34451
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The room was simple, no frills, but nice and comfortable. The only negative was a rather sour smell in the room, I think some carpet freshner would prevent this. Other than that,
it was a pleasant experience and I enjoyed my stay. Love the shower!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The staff was friendly. I travel more than half the year and can appreciate a good night's rest at an affordable rate. The Wifi access is convenient, and the breakfast saved me time in the morning, but the location is very convenient nonetheless. I'll definitely stay here again, had no issues and a clean, comfortable room. :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I didn't see all the comments about this hotel until after I left...and I am pleased to say I didn't have the same experience. The hotel was perfectly located for me needs, the price was right, and the staff made me feel very much at home. I found the room to be clean, well kept, and over all in good shape. For a Super 8 I didn't expect much, but I was very impressed. Breakfast was exactly what I needed, and I loved the coffee in the lobby!! Didn't have any issues with Wi-Fi which was great I had a lot of work to get done during my stay. Happy to see a fridge and microwave in my room (not always in the mood to eat out). It was close to the University where I attended meetings all week, and also close to the US Space and Rocket Center (I'll plan time to visit there next trip). Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Staff were friendly but that's the only good thing about the place. Rooms old and tatty. Face cloth in bathroom had something on it that cannot be described in polite company. It looked like a dirty diaper. I wish I had looked here before booking the room. Not pleased at all not what I expected from a super 8 hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family