“Find another Super 8!”

Ranked #45 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Stoutsville, Ohio
“Find another Super 8!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The toilet seat was cracked. We should have gone to another hotel. Never found the breakfast area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Callahan4444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Alabama
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I wasn't particularly pleased with this hotel, but the conditions weren't surprising for this class of hotel. It was okay for the quick 2-night stay that my husband and I had, but I would do anything extensive here.

The good: the employees were very hospitable, polite and friendly. We had their full attention when speaking with them and they were apologetic when errors were made. Upon checking in, the clerk accidentally charged me for twice the amount the what supposed to be paid. My extreme annoyance was quelled by her polite apologeticness and she adjusted the bill.

The bad: these rooms are very raggedy and have outdated decor. The beds are a tad hard, although the sheets APPEARED to be clean. The bathrooms are terrible. Water pressure in the sink was low, the tubs are yellowish (supposed to be white) and the toilet runs constantly and is unsteady on its base. Shower pressure was average.

All in all, this place is okay for a very short stay. It's important to realize that you can't expect Holiday Inn service at a place like this. It served its purpose but was by no means luxurious.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank nyc_chik
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Bed bugs!!!!!!! Poor service!!!!!! Not clean!!!!! Never again.

• Stayed March 2010
3 Thank robpo2613

Travelers are raving about these Huntsville hotels

Washington, Dc
Reviewed August 30, 2009

This motel is easy to find and is close to the Space Center. The AC, TV and Wi-Fi worked well. Otherwise, the property seems far below Super 8 standards. The rear hotel entrance had no security lock.

The worst part of my stay were the extra guests in my room and bed. I found bed bugs in the bed, roaches next to it and awoke with itchy bites all over my body. This is unacceptable!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank SockFour
Irvine, California
Reviewed August 21, 2008

My stay at the Huntsville Super 8 came at the end of a long road trip through the South, during which I also stayed at Hyatt and Motel 6. While I didn’t expect the Super 8 to be the Hyatt, I did expect it to be on par with Motel 6. I was very disappointed, and I would have checked out and stayed elsewhere had there been vacancy at any of the other nearby motels and hotels (my understanding is that a convention was in town).

The property is run down and in grave need of renovation. The stairs to the third floor creaked dreadfully, and the carpet throughout the hotel was quite worn. My room was clean (no bed bugs – believe me, I checked), but the bedspread had a cigarette burn in it, the lighting was poor, and the walls looked dingey (whether this is due to the unfortunate yellow color or the fact that the walls could use a coat of paint, I don’t know).

The bed was decently comfortable, but there was quite a bit of noise coming in from the hallway and surrounding rooms, so I had a difficult time falling asleep.

By far, the biggest drawback of my stay was the bathroom. The toilet and sink were clean, but the combination tub/shower was just gross. The faucet did not work properly, and on closer inspection, the tub was dirty, and there were rust stains coming down from the shower liner. I was so put off by the shower/tub that I opted not to use it. I had spent a day on the road and had another day on the road plus a transcontinental airplane ride ahead of me, but I chose to feel grungy for another day and possibly offend my airplane seatmates with my smell rather than use this disgusting shower/tub. I have traveled a lot and been faced with many interesting bathroom arrangements, but the Huntsville Super 8 was the first time I have ever found a bathroom facility so foul that I did not use it.

I was concerned for my safety at the Huntsville Super 8. The exterior door at the end of the building remained unlocked at all hours, and I watched several transient types loiter in the parking lot. I did not feel safe going to my car after dark and stayed locked in my room.

The Huntsville Super 8 had two positive things – the staff was very pleasant, and the free wi-fi had a consistently strong signal.

Despite those two good things, my stay at the Huntsville Super 8 put a bad enough taste in my mouth that I will not stay at a Super 8 again. I advise others to avoid the Huntsville Super 8 like the plague.

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — the bathtub was beyond foul
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank poetrypartners
Gadsden
Reviewed October 16, 2007

Everthing else was booked. Smoke detector beeped, bugs in room, chairs staines, and poorly maintained. The desk clerk was nice, people drinking in parking lot. Not a nice motel. Cheep towels

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank cass22Gadsden
texas
Reviewed May 10, 2007

I thought super 8 at least should be clean.
well this place is far from it, the bathroom was dirty and the shower could not stop dripping and it is not clean, the toilet has constant running water and the top was very dusty.
the room has a smoking smell, even though it was non smoking room and it was very wet feeling, small and old.
the breakfast was pathetic.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty,smelly and wet, terrible breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family