“Pizza!”

Ranked #30 of 620 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Huntsville's very first Mellow Mushroom location specializing in Classic Southern Pizza with a truly original, flavorful crust. With a wide variety of hoagies, salads, vegetarian, and vegan options, we offer nearly everything you could be looking for to satisfy your hunger. We are also a premiere stop for the finest craft brews around ranging from local favorites to some of the best in the business.
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is by far one of my favorite pizza places! The atmosphere is great- lots of fun! The service is fairly quick. A lot of weekend nights there is a wait, but it's worth it!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I like the calzones...they are overloaded with ingredients. There is a quick lunch menu and a happy hour menu. The pizza is not my favorite, as I think the crust is too thick, but that is all just a matter of what you prefer. It's a beautiful location, and fun theme. My family and I like to stop by other Mellow Mushroom's when travelling, mainly to check out the decor. This one is definitely space-y with college town waitstaff. Most of the other locations appear boring in comparison. Service is excellent, restaurant is clean, but a bit noisy. No reservations accepted so we don't go at peak eating hours.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

It was worth the wait! We had a tasty gluten free pizza!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I took the family to the Mellow Mushroom in Huntsville recently and left with mixed feelings. First, the restaurant’s atmosphere is nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our first impression was that the restaurant was crowded and the sound echoed throughout. Very loud with an open floor plan and no barriers to absorb noise.
We started with an appetizer (or two) with the Cheese bread and the Capri. Both were delicious and prepared well. Next came the Pizza and Calzone. The pizza was OK, but nothing to write home about. I would consider it a bit greasy. The cook also sprinkled parmesan cheese all over the top of both pizzas that we ordered. This added a distinct flavor to the pizza which may not be found enjoyable by some. I would rather sprinkle the parmesan cheese on the pizza myself (to my taste). The calzone we ordered seemed a bit dry on the outside and doughy in the middle. The fillers (steak and cheese) were good.
Over all the Mellow Mushroom had good service, but we did not enjoy our main meals. This restaurant seems to always be crowded so they must be doing something right. I guess it is just not our cup of tea.
I do feel that I am a good judge of Italian food and pizza though as we have traveled and lived throughout the USA, Europe and Italy. We have had much better pizza in town at the Pane e Vino and Tortora's.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I ate here one time during my trip to Huntsville. The pizza was excellent and just my type: thicker on the edges and thin in the middle. I like tasting the ingredients and not crust. But like to nibble on the "pizza bones" later, which was really good at Mellow.

1  Thank orionreplay