“Fantastic pizza”

Ranked #26 of 626 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Huntsville's very first Mellow Mushroom location specializing in Classic Southern Pizza with a truly original, flavorful crust. With a wide variety of hoagies, salads, vegetarian, and vegan options, we offer nearly everything you could be looking for to satisfy your hunger. We are also a premiere stop for the finest craft brews around ranging from local favorites to some of the best in the business.
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I ate here one time during my trip to Huntsville. The pizza was excellent and just my type: thicker on the edges and thin in the middle. I like tasting the ingredients and not crust. But like to nibble on the "pizza bones" later, which was really good at Mellow.

1  Thank orionreplay

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I live elsewhere and the Mellow Mushroom restaurants we have around here are in flat, squat, often older buildings, so when my brother took me to this one I was fairly amazed. It's got about a 20 foot ceiling, it's beautifully lit, has a mural, and it's new. The pizza was well made, like what I expected, though it has a totally different feeling - space age - than the Mellow Mushrooms around my area. Recommended for pizza, good for the family.

1  Thank SteveVS
Reviewed May 16, 2012

the pizza was great and the service was great. I loved the cheesy bread.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

My fiance and I went to Mellow Mushroom for the first time tonight. The staff was very friendly and the food was delicious. For an appetizer we choose to order a stuffed Portobello Mushroom and were pleasently surprised. The center of the oblong plate had a stuffed portobello mushroom which sat on a bed of crisp fresh baby greens, covered with a vinigrette sauce. Absolutely delicious. We then ordered a 16" House Special. The pizza was great. The buttery taste of the crust was only topped by the flavors of all the different toppings. While dining we noticed the noise surrounding us. Kids were running around, playing which didn't bother us. Just to let you know, it's not a mellow place, it's rather busy and loud. The price on the appetizers, drinks and sandwiches are good, the pizza was a bit high. But we certainly will be back.

1  Thank GiselaJ19
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The last time we went to Mellos Mushroom, it seems the cooks were playing around like kids do, and the food wasn't great, our pretzel bread sticks were doughy, and the service wasn't great.