“Artsy and Upscale in Northern Huntsville”
Review of 1892 East

1892 East
Ranked #14 of 635 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Came here based upon a recommendation from our Innkeeper. It was an artsy and upscale small restaurant with a unique menu. I had the Louisiana shrimp, which was excellent. My spouse had the Drum, which they didn't like very much. The meal was somewhat expensive, but the food quality was good, so no complaints. It is a popular place. Why 1892? It is when Walt Whitman died.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We hosted my son's wedding rehearsal dinner at 1892 East Restaurant for 20 people. The food was superior as was the service.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am partial to local, neighborhood restaurants and 1892 is a great example of why! We went for Sunday Brunch and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I had the Eggs Benedict and my companion had the Vegetable Omelet. Both were well prepared and delicious. The only downside for me is they only serve French Press coffee, which I find, gets too bitter by the second cup. (I got my coffee fix at Old Town Coffee later).

1  Thank Tomr1109
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Food that is either produced or cropped locally, cooked to perfection paired with great local beer list and a very decent wine list is what you will find when u visit 1892 east.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Local beers, great local food.
Very reasonable neighborhood eatery.
My wife has the chicken every time we eat there because it is the best she has ever tried