“WOW! Great experience!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was in Huntsville for business and picked 1892 East for one of my dinners. It is located in the Five Points neighborhood, not too far from downtown. The interior was clean and crisp, without a lot of noise. They had a good selection of draft beers from AL and GA brewers. I ordered the pork shank entree and it was...Wow! The flavors in the dish were smooth and creamy with chunks of melt in your mouth pork and smooth sweet potato puree. I was dreading the final bite since it meant I was done. I also ordered apple crisp for dessert and it was really good. Both dishes could be shared, but you'll want the whole pork shank dish for yourself. If I come back to Huntsville, I'll go back to 1892 East to try something else. Highly recommended!

1  Thank just_da_fax

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I eat at 1892 East quite often. The food is quite good with unique combinations. The staff is knowledable and friendly. Atmosphere upscale without being overly snooty. Great choice of beers. I enjoy the extremely fresh taste of locally grown items. Excellent.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I would have to go to Atlanta to find a comparable restaurant of this kind. Now we have a great place right at Five Points.

The use of local produce enhances the quality of the meals. The staff shows great innovation when incorporating our local foods into the menu items. (Be sure to go during peach season.)

It is nice and comfortable with good service and reasonable prices.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We chose this restaurant to entertain friends and we were NOT disappointed. The menu was original - and fabulous. Plus, the meals and wine were reasonably priced. All at our table enjoyed their meals - fresh food, fine atmosphere, excellent service. I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank 1231KC
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a private party for about 20 people including children. We had a private room and a set menu and they accommodated all of our needs. Allan was our server and was attentive all night. Manager also came by to visit and helped us re-arrange the furniture for a group photo. Decor was nice and the waiter explained that the tables were built from recycled barn walls and doors.

We had cocktails and appetizers and then they put together three choices for a set menu including options for the kids. NY Strips were all grilled to order correctly; Salmon in Phyllo came in a delicious sauce and even the Chicken dish was far better than ordinary. The Butternut Soup with caramelized onions was spectacular - order it if it is on the regular menu. We brought our own birthday cake and that was no problem.

Would definitely recommend for a private party and will check out the brunch at some point as well.

1  Thank therockandsister