“As good as it gets!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had not made any reservation, and at arrival we were seated in the bar. There were some regulars there who were very loud, but we decided to tolerate it. However, a friendly lady came and said they were obviously very loud, and would we come and sit in the dining room. Gooood, it was so relaxing in there. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and cheerful. My husband had New York strip, and I had filet mignon with asparages, au gratin potatoes and sauce bernaisse. Wow!!!! Everything was perfect! It was the best steak I have ever had, and I am quite a fussy customer!! My husband was also very pleased. Everything was just wonderful, and I would have given six stars, if possible!! Quite pricy, but worth it!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

What's great about James Steakhouse is that all the food is local and organic. Quality ingredients make quality food. The steak is outstanding, but I must say, the sides are what make this place so great. There is a huge list of sides, each delicious, and you get to pick two. Plus the staff is always nice and attentive. This place is great for an intimate gathering of for a small group. Great Huntsville restaurant.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

For the price I must say no, though the steak was good and prepared exact.
The sides were very small portions. I guess over all food tasted good but portions you
receive make your meal over priced. Plus was seated at a couch style sitting with table, they seated
a couple right beside us and it was very close seating with no where to move.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

As an out of towner who stays in the area of Huntsville by the Westin I never have been to downtown until this recent visit. A friend recommended James Steakhouse and I will definitely return on our next visit to Huntsville. The place is small but has plenty of tables, service was perfect and the food was prepared great. I had the Filet but my favorite was one of the appetizers, the menu has an item called "pork belly confit bruschetta, sriracha cornbread, homemade chowchow" Since I don's eat pork I asked if this could be made with a filet and it was wonderful, I think it was a hit since even one of the servers tried and enjoyed it. What was especially nice was the flexibility of the chef to make the change to the preparation, glad we stopped here and looking forward to returning.

1  Thank itfb
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I had clients coming in from out of town. We wanted to treat them to a nice meal in a good environment for conversation. James' was a perfect fit! Susan was our server and she was great. She recognized that we were in deep conversation and kept our guests' cups and glasses filled and the table clean while not being intrusive in our conversation. The meal was fantastic, served quickly and was done in a wonderful presentation. Definitely a great selection for entertaining guests!