“Excellent Dining Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We decided to try James Steakhouse last night before walking over to an Elton John Concert. Reservations were needed as the restaurant was booked for the night due to the event. we were seated as soon as we arrived and the excellent service began immediately. My wife and I shared the Chateaubriand for two served with turnip greens, baby carrots and potato pavé with a choice of béarnaise, red wine tarragon sauce. It was to die for. The steak was prepared perfectly and very tender. One of the best meals that we have experienced eating out in a long time. It is a bit pricey. You can expect to pay around $100 (or more) per couple depending on appetizers and drinks added to the main meal. Well worth a try. We'll be back to James Steakhouse for sure.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Ausgezeichnet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Friendly reception, knowledgeable wait staff, attentive service and cozy atmosphere.
Filet perfection as ordered and taste was exceptional. Other items ordered by our party were also great - lamb flavored properly and grilled to med rare perfection. Highly recommend...will go back again!!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent food, excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Food, service and drinks were excellent. Our party of four all had steaks, Worcestershire butter topping was incredible. Sides, included with steaks, we're large and delicious. Perfect amount of attention from servers, never overbearing but attentive. Large selection of wine to accompany meal. Highly recommend James for a special occasion or just a great steak meal.

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deeelish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

From the atmosphere of being in Downtown Huntsville to the way you are treated by the valet to the serving staff, James was a real treat. The food was something I am still daydreaming about...tuna shushumi, polenta, french green beans. My husband's New York strip melted in your mouth and his au gratin potatos made me ashamed of my own attempts at home. Creme brulet and port wine was the perfect ending....well not to mention how our vehicle was waiting on us at the front door with perfect timing. I want to say thanks to Susan Garrett who spoiled us with awesome service. It was definately a special night.

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary done elegantly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

On our fith wedding annivesary 05-26-2012.My wife and I decided to visit a restaurant that came highly recommended by friends,called James steakhouse. Upon pulling up to the front door we were greeted by the Valle and hostess setting the tone for our wonderful evening. After choosing a great street side window seat my wife and I were greeted by our server,Susan Garrett . The dinner ,wine,infused liquor ,and dessert selection was impressive. Equally impressive was the knowledge of wine,liquor to food flavor pairing that Susan could offer to aid in our dinner choices. For the appetizer we shared the James salad and the baguette with a fresh spring water.ahh the dinner.My wife chose the pepper crusted tuna medium rare with risotto and asparagus complimented by a great port wine. For me the NewYork strip medium rare with scallope potatoes and a fantastic suckatash completely cap off with a infused liquor drink called the upside down pineapple express. I believe that the food,service,and atmasphere makes James steakhouse a topnotch destination in Huntsville for any dinner occasion .My wife and I will be returning soon and often. I would like to give special thanks to Susan for providing such a special evening.
Heather and Lonnie Law