“Good Food, Disappointing Service”
Review of Papou's

Papou's
Ranked #296 of 626 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed May 8, 2014

A couple of colleagues and I dropped in for lunch away from our conference. The food was good, but a colleague with Celiac's disease had a very hard time communicating her needs to the waitress. After figuring out she could only have a salad, we still had to send it back after the kitchen made it with croutons.

Seems like a nice hole-in-the-wall lunch place, but avoid if you have food sensitivities.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Listen, the people were friendly and service with atmosphere were great. My co-worker and I had the fish which had a sauce on it and a squash casserole. Now understand my co-worker and I rarely leave food on our plates and we are easy to please. But the fish literally tasted like it had been floating dead for a couple of days before it was filleted and cooked. We stopped eating and that means it was pretty bad.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I had lunch (lamb) there. Food and service was good; pricing just about right. We felt fortunate to be able to park so close.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been to this restaurant about half a dozen times. The food is marginal, but I work in the area and often my first choices are packed and it is default. They have a server who has not once, but twice thrown a fit in front of patrons and acted out like a spoiled child expressing his anger. Last night we ended up there because the wait for Cotton Row was longer than we had time for, and the same waiter we saw pitch a fit over something the previous time we were there, loudly treated a trainee served like a bad dog and then proceed to yell at two patrons who decided to leave the restaurant (likely because of his ill tempered behavior). The question here is: Why does management keep this half-cocked jerk on the floor? There are plenty of better servers who need jobs. This server is disorganized and terrible....add yelling at customers to get out after chanting "tick tock - tick tock - tick tock - tick -tock" in their faces as they were trying to tell him thy they were leaving, and you have a veritable psychopath.

3  Thank Sissy B
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We went to Papous on a Saturday night and celebrated a birthday with about 14 other people. Our server was not prepared for such a large group. The drinks came quickly, the food took forever. Our table had our food half eaten before the other table was served. The food was good, but we can do as well at home. They bring out one basket of bread for the table. If one of the guests eats more than one and you ask for more, there is a charge, but they do not tell you until you get the bill. Seriously??!! I recommend Pappous for a couple, do not expect great food, and do not eat more than one piece of bread. We will not return.