“So many great things to eat, too hard to choose”
Review of Pane E Vino

Pane E Vino
Ranked #30 of 598 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, WI
“So many great things to eat, too hard to choose”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I loved my pizza, but I had a hard time deciding which one to order. The restaurant is next to the art museum, and the food is named after artists. I went with the Da Vinci, which was delicious: medium-thick crust, crunchy and chewy, pesto instead of tomato sauce, mozzarella, Roma tomatoes, arugula, and balsamic reduction. Sound snooty? What do you expect next to an art museum? Many others sounded very appealing, and you can create your own if you'd rather. There are also appetizers, pastas, salads, and desserts. There are a lot of vegetarian options.

It is more expensive than chain pizzas, but the prices were fair, and it is still less than chain Italian places like the Olive Garden. The food quality is excellent. The taste is superior.

Service was polite. My food and other diners' arrived in reasonable time.

The interior is small. There is also outdoor dining available. It is nicely decorated. I could have done without the TV. You can see into the kitchen, which is open to the dining room, from most of the seats.

This restaurant is in a sweet little spot overlooking Big Spring International Park in downtown Huntsville. Since it is small, come early or make a reservation. I arrived early, and the place was filled by the time I left.

The park is nice to wander through after you've eaten, and the rest of the downtown area is fun to explore. It's a very nice downtown, quite gentrified, and apparently has been since the city was born. Parking is easy and cheap.

If this restaurant were in my hometown, I would go frequently.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank WanderingVeggie

Buffalo, New York
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Friend found this place, glad we went. Tasty food, a few beers to choose from. Had a calzone and wasn't disappointed.

Visited August 2013
“Little gem tucked away under the Art Museum”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times now, both lunch and dinner. Sitting outside overlooking the lake, park and ducks is my favorite but inside watching the chefs is good too. Good is well presented, simple, good food. Pizza crusts are wonderful, my favorite is the Mona Lisa white pizza - there is no scrimping on the toppings! Ravioli's are excellent, salads are huge and tasty :-) staff are friendly and attentive

• Visited July 2013
“Dinner at sunset by the lake in Hutsville AL”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Pizza is great and I was able to add extra toppings to the pizza on the menu to my taste! There is inside and outside seating, The outside tables are small but if it's a nice evening I'd suggest sitting outside. The restaurant is next to Big Spring Park and it is nice to "people watch" while you are having dinner. Service was very good and prompt. Prices are average. We visit this restaurant a lot with my dinner club and with girls night out. The area is safe but parking is limited.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta
“Yum!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place was enthusiastically recommended to me "I just ate there last night" by a hotel agent while I was waiting for a room.
Hooray! Lovely, laid-back staff but attentive when need be. Pleasant atmosphere. I had a thin crust Margerita pizza - the best I've had in a long time.
I'm not sure when I will be back in the area, but I would definitely go way out of my way to eat there again.

• Visited July 2013