New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Pane E Vino
Ranked #38 of 565 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis
“Great pasta and pizzas with a scenic view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We enjoyed pasta and pizza here while setting on their patio area over looking the pond. The food was fresh and hot. They had many pizzas to choose from along with a build your own option. Additionally there were 5-10 pasta dishes, a few sandwiches, and salads to choose from.

Visited October 2012

New Orleans
“Thought I was in Sicily”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The service is excellent and the food... yum. I had butternut squash ravioli and it was wonderful, a must try. I went back two days later and my server remembered me, a plus!! I had a pizza, one of the best pizzas I have ever eaten. I will be back!!!!

1 Thank hotelshoney
Huntsville, Alabama
“Scenic view of lagoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This Italian restaurant is on the north side of the art museum. We entered from the outside at ground level. (I suppose you can enter from inside also, although I've not tried it. I guess you'd take the elevator down from the lobby.) My wife and I sat inside today, as it was a little cool and windy outside. We arrived about 3:30 for an early supper, and sat at a table by the big window, with an excellent view of water and ducks in Big Spring Park. We ordered The Clemenza pizza, a 12-inch, on a thin crust. It was just the right size for the two of us to share. I asked for decaf coffee. They were out, so I ordered a regular coffee. My wife drank water The pizza was very good, maybe excellent. The bottom crust was excellent. It was not hard, but had enough integrity that I could pick up a slice and eat it. Although they had pictures of New York on the wall, the crust was not floppy. The top surface of the pizza crust was a darker brown, as if it was left in the oven a bit long. The mushrooms and peppers were excellent. The Italian sausage and pepperoni were very good. The service was very good (and there are some nice-looking and friendly waitresses). Our table was a little sticky. Our total for this early supper, including tax, was $16.74. This restaurant opens for Iunch seven days a week, and stays open through supper, until at least 8 pm. I wondered if they had remodeled, as the dining room looks a little roomier than I'd remembered. Restrooms are down the hallway, two doors in back of the restaurant.

Ardmore
“Al Fresco Dining At It's Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

You can't beat eating on the patio, overlooking Big Spring Park! Their Italian food was delicious. I had the Mushroom Ravioli in a delicious sauce, although there was a lot more sauce than ravioli. The Tiramisu was excellent. They don't have a kids menu... Service was perfect. I can't wait to go again!

1 Thank Brenna B
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a cool little restaurant tucked into the downtown area of Huntsville. It's next to a park and lake, which makes the outdoor dining even more attractive. I ate outside partly because the weather was so nice and partly because the inside looked rather small and tight. My one complaint is that the flies got pretty bad as the sun went down. I'm guessing this is one of the drawbacks of being so close to water.

The service was excellent. My waiter did a great job keeping my glass filled. I felt that he was prompt and always available with each part of the dining experience.

I ordered one of the pizzas and it was good. I wouldn't call this "upscale dining" by any stretch though. It's basically gourmet pizza.

If you're in the mood for pizza and want to get away from the normal chain restaurants, then this is a great option. If you're looking for something a bit more upscale, I would recommend somewhere else.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Been to Pane E Vino? Share your experiences!