“Al Fresco Dining At It's Best”
Review of Pane E Vino

Pane E Vino
Ranked #34 of 598 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ardmore
“Al Fresco Dining At It's Best”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

You can't beat eating on the patio, overlooking Big Spring Park! Their Italian food was delicious. I had the Mushroom Ravioli in a delicious sauce, although there was a lot more sauce than ravioli. The Tiramisu was excellent. They don't have a kids menu... Service was perfect. I can't wait to go again!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Brenna B

“Good but not great”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a cool little restaurant tucked into the downtown area of Huntsville. It's next to a park and lake, which makes the outdoor dining even more attractive. I ate outside partly because the weather was so nice and partly because the inside looked rather small and tight. My one complaint is that the flies got pretty bad as the sun went down. I'm guessing this is one of the drawbacks of being so close to water.

The service was excellent. My waiter did a great job keeping my glass filled. I felt that he was prompt and always available with each part of the dining experience.

I ordered one of the pizzas and it was good. I wouldn't call this "upscale dining" by any stretch though. It's basically gourmet pizza.

If you're in the mood for pizza and want to get away from the normal chain restaurants, then this is a great option. If you're looking for something a bit more upscale, I would recommend somewhere else.

• Visited September 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
“I like it! (and I'm not a big fan of Italian) : -)”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

As a local Huntsvillian, I'm so thrilled at the increase in upscale dining in my home town, as evidenced by Chef James Boyce's arrival on the scene with first, Cotton Ro; then Commerce Kitchen; , then James Steaks; and now Pane E Vino. Boyce is definitely elevating the Huntsville dining experience! I've eaten at all of his restaurants (at least twice) except James Steaks. The location of Pane E Vino has been several different short-lived restaurants over the years, and I enjoy P E V the best! I've been at least 4 times and here are the PROS: Fresh-tasting food, reasonable prices, filling appetizers, good vino, welcoming patio (if you choose to eat outside), entertainment on the patio, located *in* the art museum, (so very convenient for a visit to the museum), and located *on* Big Spring Park, (complete with ducks and the historic Big Spring). CONS: VERY Noisy (bare concrete floors) [in dire need to some noise dampening ceiling apparatus or something], single stalled rest rooms (BEST LINE in a restaurant when I commented aloud that the bathroom wait was long and must have only one stall and a young boy behind me, waiting in line for the men’s room responded, “YES, it's 1 stall, and it's my grandma in there, and she takes FORever”, ha ha ha), spotty service (sometimes super-attentive, sometimes you feel forgotten), no direct connection to the art museum (they've blocked off the elevator that would take you directly upstairs to the museum, but it's only a short walk to the front of the museum), very cramped interior (I really wish they would remove 2 of the 4-tops for more room and to benefit the wait staff, too!). Ive tried the Caprese, which was authentic, with buffalo mozzarella and delicious balsamic and the antipasti platter. I think my mom had a Calzone, which she enjoyed, and Dear Hubs had a pizza. Friends have recommended the eggplant Genovese Panini and commented that it was big enough to share (and only $8.00!), so you have more $ for vino! Give it a try, it’s quite the hangout for 20-somethings (and up) on the weekends, which is nice to see, as our downtown has not always been as vibrant as it is becoming. “Piacere!!”

• Visited May 2012
Tennessee
“Wonderful find.”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We, my husband and I, ate here on a recent trip to see the art museum. The restaurant is very small but it does have outdoor seating. The food makes up for the size. The interior is very nice and chic. We had the clemenza pizza and the three cheese ravioli. They were both great. The is a wonderful find whether you go to the museum or any where else in Huntsville.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank LisaWayne
Washington, DC
“Great place to eat in Downtown Huntsville”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This restaurant is attached to the Huntsville Museum of Art and across from the beautiful Big Spring Park. Location is basically the best in the city, especially for outdoor dining. Service was fast and polite. The food is good, not top end, basically a good value. For a place this well located, it was both better and cheaper than anticipated. There are frequently live concerts in the adjacent park.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank rmccle

Been to Pane E Vino? Share your experiences!