I stayed here for a business conference.
The hotel has a fantastic location off of a main road but tucked away in, what felt to be a very safe neighborhood. Lighting in the parking lot was great, doors were secured at sunset every night. Not 5 min away was a brand new shopping area with PF Changs, and numerous other restaurants and high end stores. You are only 2 minutes from University Blvd which has most of what you need while you are there.
The hotel's exterior was newly updated, the rooms inside were clean but were dated. Not a problem for me as long as things are clean. It is an extended stay, so cleaning only happens upon your request, which was not a problem with me.
Management was wonderful, very kind, polite, friendly and helpful. The internet that is provided does not work very well, I picked up a wireless signal in surrounding buildings better than the cat 5 cable provided. There is a "store" in the lobby that has the basic neccessities and is nice, you report it on your honor and it goes on your bill, nice feature.
Also nice is that they have a gym, but with your stay you get complimentary membership to a gym on University. Doesn't look the like the gym is in a very good area, but the people are acutally nice and friendly inside, only issue there was when a fight almost broke out among the women in the tai bo class about what instructor they would have, but it was quickly and quietly resolved. I skipped class that day.
Overall good deal for what I paid for. I'm just happy with safe, secure and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. Brand new rooms ~ Fully renovated December 2006 At the Candlewood Suites Hotel Huntsville, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Work efficiently at your over-sized executive desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD/VCR player. Borrow your favorite movies from our free DVD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Have laundry? Wash your clothes in our complimentary washers and dryers. Earn Priority Club points for each qualifying stay.Located only 7 miles from the Von Braun Center, only minutes to Bridge Street Mall, and minutes away from Redstone Arsenal . Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers. We are conveniently located off of I-565 in Huntsville, and within a 1/2 mile of the Cummings Research Park, US Space and Rocket Center, and Redstone Arsenal/Marshall Space Flight Center. We are a pet friendly hotel. Pets are allowed with a non-refundable fee based on length of stay. $75 for 1-6 nights and $150 for 7+ nights. One pet allowed per suite and must weigh less than 80 lbs. Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Huntsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Huntsville Hotel Huntsville
- Candlewood Huntsville
- Huntsville Candlewood Suites