“It wasn't terrible but it could of been better.”

Candlewood Suites Huntsville
Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
“It wasn't terrible but it could of been better.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights & it wasn't bad, rooms were nice & spacious however the front desk clerk was always away & gone for 10-15 minutes at a time. When they were there though they were very friendly.
My water went out on the first day while I was brushing my teeth so I wasn't able to shower, it took them all day to fix it, the next two days no problem. I was disappointed they didn't try to make up for the water going out. Considering how nice the room was I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Idontwantaaccount
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Idontwantaaccount,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is very good to know that you found the rooms nice. on the other hand, we are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience over the unsatisfactory service you received from the staff and the over the water issue. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hotel located off the beaten path 100 yards from a railroad tracks with trains running several times during the day and night. During my two night stay I received no housekeeping service. The bathroom was not cleaned, I had to take dirty towels to front desk to get clean ones, The carpet in the elevator and hallway is so stained and soiled it looked unsanitary.Guest must empty their trash daily in big trash cans located in the hallway. Also guest are charged a daily security deposit and before you leave, the room is checked to see if pillows, towels dishware etc have not been removed by the guest The staff says that these are coporate policies and the hotel is designed for long term guest stays. Due to no daily housekeeping service and location right near the train track I would never stay here again.Although the room was decent I don't see how they can maintain basic sanitation standards,

Room Tip: Hallway on third floor is very hot, but the room did have sufficient AC
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Travler D,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Clinton, Tennessee
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were planning on camping at Monte Sano State park for the 4th weekend and visiting the Space and Rocket center. The weather had other plans. So, at the last minute I had to reserve a room. I was a little worried. But, my worrying was a waste of time. The place was wonderful and I highly recommend them. The staff was very welcoming on our arrival and friendly throughout the stay. The room was large with a comfy sofa bed for the kids and a private room for hubby and I when Nicktoons were just to much. The bathroom was large, very clean and the water was good and HOT!! The room décor appeared to be recently renovated. The kitchen had full fridge, stove and microwave. The suites are perfect if you are traveling with children as they can have their area and you can have yours. Love it here and was very surprised about how nice and clean it was. The staff was really great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had never heard of Candlewood Suites before staying here, but now I recommend them highly. We needed a place to stay with our 2 large dogs for three weeks. The rooms are clean and well furnished. The kitchen is stocked with most of the basic equipment, and you can ask at the front desk to borrow toaster ovens, blenders, etc. They have a small grocery "cupboard" that operates on the honor system, and complimentary washers and dryers. Housekeeping comes in once a week, and are glad to notify you ahead of time if you wish to take your pets out during the cleaning. Internet speed is reasonably fast. They are very welcoming to pets; they even gave our dogs small treat goody bags at check-in. In the future, I will always choose to stay at Candlewood Suites when available.

Room Tip: Has 3 floors, so request a lower floor if you have pets to take in and out. Can sometimes hear heavy...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here whilst visiting friends in nearby Madison, this is set in a nice quiet area, with excellent suites all fully equipped, the staff were friendly and helpful and were always willing to suggest attractions to visit. I visit the Space Station just under a mile away and found it very informative.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I spent 10 nights here. Let me say that I travel for business combined with pleasure, I stay in hotels almost every week for 2-4 nights or more across the S.E. so I have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & I am picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). The room was clean with microwave, coffeepot, full size refrigerator, stove and (very) basic utensils, pans toaster etc so you can cook your meals if you so desire. This is a suite hotel which means you get more amenities for less$, but you do not get daily room service, you get room service once a week (if you want clean sheets, towels etc they will gladly give to you at the front desk). Because it has a mini kitchenette they do not serve breakfast.. The hotel was fairly clean and well appointed, There is a laundry room & an exercise room. Comfortable beds, WIFI and TV where so-so. The staff is friendly. This is an older property I say it is 2 stars at most. But if price matters it could be your spot. I would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear traveling_frank,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property.

It was real pleasure to learn that you weer satisfied with the amenities and services that we have to offer. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to serving you again.

Dhan M
Birmingham
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stay here each time I'm in Huntsville. I did make the mistake of trying out another property the on my last visit; I'll be at the Candlewood next time.

I've never found my room to be dirty; the staff is always friendly. I enjoy being able to cook in my suite and have used the outdoor gas grill as well.

If I have any issues, it's with the maid service not coming daily. The front desk cheerfully provides clean linens on request if you want to come get them.

It's a good home away from home for those of us who travel frequently.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business