“Worth a try....”

Baymont Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #41 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I've stayed at this location for almost a month and a half now, and realized its got pros and cons....The house keepers forget to clean my room at least once a week....But its in a good location....The breakfast is free, but who wants bagels and waffles everyday...Its cheap and looks nice, but the parking lot is loaded with street hookers begging for change...For the most part though the staff was friendly and even when I had a problem with my billing the manager was more then willing to help me out...Its worth the money, and its a pretty clean place...

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank King_Fifty

Reviewed April 24, 2011

Pros:
- Very friendly and helpful check in staff
- Free parking.
- Fast printer at lobby computer
- Clean rooms.
- Renovated rooms and lobby/breakfast area.
- Very close to Oakwood University (about 2 miles).
- Great breakfast with waffles, cereals, juices, toast, fruits, yogurt, and muffins.
- Older TV but many channels.

Cons:
- Very smoky on the 2nd floor so try to book on the 1st if you want non smoking
- No microwave or refrigerator

Summary:
- Well said by another reviewer: “Partly upgraded and well maintained”

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BSpeaker
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I booked this hotel thru a discount, pre-paid website (Priceline). It was advertised as a 2 1/2 star hotel. It is really, at best, a 2-star hotel. The location is good as it is near many restaurants and a shopping mall. However, the hotel generally looks old, the rooms look old and aging. I'd not stay here again if I had a choice. I prefer to pay more for a more modern and cleaner hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Ramon M
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Frequently staying at La Quinta hotels I am not usually a fan of oddly shaped hotels like this property in Huntsville - they tend to look like very old hotels compared to the charming style of other newly built locations. However, after reading through the reviews of the other hotels in Huntsville, I decided to give this one a shot - on the low end of available room prices and at the upper end in more recent reviews, I was at least sceptical, assuming that something had to be wrong here.
Well, immediately after arrival I found myself proven wrong. While there is not really a front desk, it's more like a little closet to the right of the entrance, I quickly found myself in a room that combined old & new world of the La Quinta Franchise. The furniture itself was still the light-brown colored wood of the past LQ styles, while covers and blinds and everything else already appeared in the new red/green color scheme. There was a flatscreen TV, wireless internet, room was nicely cooled and clean. I have almost no complaints - having a room near University Drive, I noticed that the windows lack insulation. I could clearly hear traffic on the roads. Huntsville having a lot of military, people seemed to be getting up early so that the road was only quiet between 10 and 6. Soundproof windows would have been a great advantage here. But other than that I spent a good and restful night.
The property is located immediately on University Drive, Madison Square Mall is just a stone's throw away from the hotel. Driving up and down University Drive you can find a wide selection of full-service and fast food restaurants, all attractions and points of interest are within realistic driving distance.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for a stay, at least for a night. It was quiet enough to get rest and yet central enough not to lack any amenities.
The only thing I didn't get after having stayed: how can Huntsville have so many La Quinta properties of so varying standards within close proximity - be careful and do not pick the wrong one...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank aRTie81
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My hotel room was very clean, spacious, and decorated very nice. The decor was very modern. The shower had very good water pressure and there was plenty of hot water. There is a pool and fitness room available. All staff I encountered were very nice. There is a free breakfast available but I were to stay again I would go to the Waffle House next door.... The hotel is in a nice area with a lot of shopping, restaurants, and the Huntsville Space Center close by.

2  Thank JBHatfield
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Nice hotel to stay. The room was clean, staff was friendly. Close to shopping and resturants. I would stay there again. Hopefully one day they will make it 100% smoke free.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank iriebossman
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We stayed here for quick getaway weekend to Huntsville. I have always had very good experiences with La Quinta. Check in staff was friendly and efficient. We had two rooms across the hall from each other. One had a dank smell, a blurry tube tv, and a slightly dirty bathroom. The other was clean and fresh with a modern tv. Breakfast was decent. Tasteless waffles, cereal, juice, less than fresh muffins, etc. The pool didn't open until 11 rather than 9 because of a storm that had been through the night before. It must have been some storm to require 2 hours of clean up. We went to the front desk to ask for a late checkout so the kids could at least enjoy a little bit of the pool before leaving. We were told we could extend to 1pm (rather than 12). We started loading the car at 12:30 when we had a visitor from the front desk. I open the door to "Do you realize checkout was at 12, we have a problem here". I explained that we had called the front desk, etc. Her reply was "Well it wasn't approved by ME, who told you THAT?" We told her we were on our way to the car and she wouldn't have to worry about us EVER again. That is when we realized that they had turned our key access off to our second room. They finally got the room open and we saw the Madison Square Mall La Quinta in our review mirror for the last time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family