“Excellent Food, Value, and Service...Average Atmosphere”

Granville's Gourmet Ribs and Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Championship BBQ smoked on site. Southern side dishes homemade. Homemade pies, banana pudding. Homemade pork skins, the best. Great Brunswick stew. DRY RUB, WOOD FIRE, HICKORY SMOKE, SMOKER, TEXAS STYLE BRISKET.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

It's hard to beat the excellent barbeque at Granville's. We particularly enjoy the beef dinners. The portions are generous, the sauces excellent, the beans delicious, and the service perfect.

1  Thank Helga H

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've eaten my way through the menu at Granville's. It was a great adventure. Great Baked Potato Salad!!! The best brisket I've had since I left the midwest. I grew up eaten great BBQ when I moved to the Southeast I was confused by why they were calling BBQ. Real BBQ is smoked in a smoker for a long time. Granville's know how it's done. If you want great BBQ look no further.

1  Thank Emulford
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Smoked chicken leg quarters were perfect, not to smoky, but just right! Beans were great containing a small chunk of pulled pork in them. Collard greens were very good as well. Cornbread was pretty good, my wife loves it and I guess I don't mind it. The cornbread gives you something to mop up the delicious hot/mild sauce that is on the table. I love the flavor of the sauce not to spicy. Be careful though as two bottles of sauce are on the table and one is more of a traditional type bbq sauce, but it is to sweet for my liking. I'll be honest I was there yesterday for lunch and I'm considering trying something for dinner there tonight. As far as the value goes they have several lunch specials, I paid $6.00 plus tax for the items listed above which I find very reasonable for the quality of food.

1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Was so excited after reading reviews. But OH MY it was not good. Stew was thick and gritty. Needed more liquid. Sandwich meat was just okay. Chicken Fingers were tough and tasteless. Was so disappointing.

1  Thank Fourdrakes
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stopped in for dinner today and ordered the half chicken plate with collard greens and sweet potatoes, with banana pudding for dessert. The barbecued chicken was moist and tender with just the right amount of smoked flavor. The skin was cooked "well done", but it worked...the seasoning on the skin and the smokey flavor contrasted nicely with the chicken. They offer a sweet and tangy, white, or vinegar sauce for their barbecued meats. The collard greens were seasoned with vinegar and hot peppers and were very tasty. These collard greens were definitely not from a can or frozen, they tasted like homemade-style fresh collard greens. The sweet potato casserole was as sweet as a dessert and delicious. And the banana pudding was made just the way I like it. It had a generous portion of vanilla wafers and had whip cream on the top...it was perfect! The man and woman who helped us were both very nice and treated us the way they themselves would want to be treated. You can't ask for anything more than that. I will definitely return the next time I'm in Huntsville.

1  Thank Joseph J