“Excellent property - close to Huntsville Center”

SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
williamsburg virginia
“Excellent property - close to Huntsville Center”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our return trip from New Orleans. Hotel was clean, breakfast excellent and staff helpful. We asked for a quiet room and were given a very quiet room on the 4th floor over looking the pool. No noise - even next to major highway. Hotel Staff showed us restaurants in Downtown Huntsville. We chose one and had a great meal. Downtown Huntsville is really lovely and has plenty of free parking. An excellent choice. This hotel is only several years old.

Room Tip: High floor, rear of building overlooking pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here during July 4th with a family of 4. The rooms are of a new design that is the open floor concept. Not very good for a family when nap time and bed time. Me and the Mrs couldn't watch tv and unwind because the normal barrier was not there. The bathroom was neat, it had the shower in a separate room from the toilet. Also two sinks was really nice. There was a refrigerator, desk, fold out couch with a chase, no closet only a poorly laid out wall locker.

The bedding was freshly changed, floors vacuumed, shower room clean, toilet clean, glasses clean, bedding for fold out bed was clean, free breakfast was awesome good selection, excellent location, price was right, pool was clean (saltwater pool). Overall a great hotel, but not family friendly rooms. Better for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Ask For A Room Looking South West for fireworks viewing at July 4th.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe Y
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 16, 2013

One of the best hotels in Huntsville, AL. SpringHill Suites has some of the best staff in town and the breakfast was great! Myself and a friend had enough space in our room for the both of us. I will only stay at this hotel when I come and visit Huntsville again.

Room Tip: Parking is in the back of the hotel and make sure you have your room key! You will not be able to en...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I recently made the switch from Hilton to Marriott and this hotel is one of the main reasons why. The decor is modern and calming, the staff is always friendly and helpful, and room was spotless (and I loved the layout/design). The whole thing was a positive experience that made me happy that I get to stay there again in a week!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed October 12, 2013

First, the cons...
GPS couldn't find the place. Why I didn't take the time to read the reviews on here before I left town I do not know, but if I had, I would have known that! So, I started off frustrated because I got lost looking for the hotel and had to call.
We stayed at this hotel because we were going to a show at the Von Braun center which is a half a block or so away. When we got to the hotel, we couldn't really see the front of the arena, so we were unsure of the proximity. We asked to take a hotel shuttle to the show and that was no problem. We were told that if we needed a ride back to the hotel after the show to call the front desk before 10:45 and as long as there was more than one person working, someone would be able to pick us up and bring us back. So, after the show, we called the front desk at 10:40 and we were told that there was no one available to come and get us, but they'd be glad to call us a cab. Sigh. We decided to walk, I mean, it was only around the corner... but there was very little traffic and being unsure of the safety of the area, I was trying to play it safe. As it turns out, it was a short walk, and we made it back to the hotel safely with no problem in probably 10 minutes. However, as we walked in, there were 3 people working the front desk. I didn't even bother to ask why someone couldn't have jumped in the shuttle to come get us. It just wasn't worth it.
Saturday morning, was looking forward to sleeping a little late, but no, the hotel is right beside railroad tracks and low and behold, at 7am, train #1 comes by blowing it's whistle like there's no tomorrow. Ugh. After that, all I could hear was traffic from the nearby interstate. Also the walls must be paper thin, because I could hear every move our next door neighbors made, including trips to the bathroom. When train #2 came blaring through at 8:15, I knew it was time to just get up and get moving. Went downstairs at 9 to check out breakfast, and unfortunately there was not much left. I asked the front desk what time breakfast ended, and was told 9:30. Seems a little early to me for a Saturday, but whatever. I should have gone downstairs when I woke up at 7 I guess. My teenager, however, missed out, as he didn't roll out of bed until 9:20.

Now, the pros.
The staff was nice. They were so apologetic about the whole GPS thing. Everytime I passed by someone who worked there, they smiled and said hello. The cleaning staff Saturday morning came to the door, and they were so friendly and told us not to hurry that they'd come back later.
The room was exceptionally clean. The beds were perfect. The layout of the room was nice. The temperature was easily controlled. We really did love everything about the room and that is why I almost always go with a Marriott hotel. That and the price. I booked online directly through the Marriott website and I got a great price for a weekend night.

I wouldn't stay here again, but I can't say I wouldn't recommend it. For me, the noise factor was a deal breaker. I would pay the extra $20 or $30 to stay further away from the train and the noisy highway. Some people could probably sleep right through all of that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our GPS could not find this hotel so we had to stop and ask someone
The hotel is new, which is why the GPS got us lost
When we arrived there was a warm welcome from the staff
Our room was excellent, with fridge separate wc and modern shower room
We used the hotel courtesy car to go downtown to eat and to return to the hotel
All the staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome
Ideally situated for downtown this hotel is a must if you are visiting the area

• Stayed September 2013
Brittany B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our property on TripAdvisor!! We work very hard to ensure each and every guest has an exceptional stay and are pleased to hear that you had such a great stay!
Kentucky
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I'll get the bad out of the way first. I arrived late in the evening to find out the hotel had oversold and I was "walking" (their term) that night. They said it happens all the time, even to Marriott Platinum members. The same thing happened to the lady who showed up 2 minutes after me. They found me another hotel, but the paltry 800 Marriott Rewards points I received in compensation was rather lame for having to move to another hotel, then pack my stuff up and return the next day since it was a multiple night stay. All the while, the Marriott Reservation Line maintained that I had a valid reservation.

Anyway, when I finally checked into the hotel, it was nice. "Light and airy" comes to mind. The hotel was clean, comfortable and modern with lots of natural light. Breakfast was a bit modest compared to an Embassy Suites, but really hit the mark with healthy options. While it is near downtown, it is difficult to walk from here to downtown because of the way the streets are laid out. I'd stay here again, but only if I could check in by about 6:00 P.M.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for your honest feedback about our property on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the entire staff at the Springhill Suites, I would like to sincerely apologize to you for being "walked" to another property. We strive to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable stay without incident and am deeply sorry that you encountered such an incident. We strive to excel in all operations of our property but unforseen events led to us being overbooked that evening.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our healthy options at our breakfast buffet. We have recently implemented new items on to our buffet and are pleased to see that the items are being noticed by our guests.