“Comfortable Marriott Accommodations in Huntsville”

SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was in town to visit a family member for one night recently and he suggested this property. I tend to like newer hotels and this SpringHill Suites fits that description. It was clean, fresh, and modern. Front-desk staff was efficient. The layout of the rooms was what I liked best. There were in effect two separate bathrooms, one enclosing the toilet and a small sink, the other including a large vanity/sink area plus shower (which, btw, did leak a bit onto the floor). The double bathroom design would be especially convenient when traveling with another person. I find all Marriott beds comfortable, but maybe that's just me. While the hotel is situated close to a highway and I was on that side of the building, it didn't bother me (maybe because I travel with a sleep machine to drown out ambient sound?). In the morning I met with two family members in the lobby to go over some family business, and we enjoyed the complimentary coffee and made use of the small business center to print out some information. When we needed assistance, the staff was more than happy to help. When visiting Huntsville in the future, this will be my hotel of my choice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. Dislikes: next to a busy highway and very loud. I m writing this instead of sleeping. Room smells faintly of smoke. Room wasn't stocked with enough supplies (toilet paper). Shower leaks onto the floor bad. Likes: I like the room layout and decor. Good price.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

On Jan 21 I was booked for a weeks stay here while attending class in Redstone. Its a new hotel, and students are forced to stay here for the Gov rate and reimbursement. Hotel is clean, staff is friendly and attentive. The beds are bottom end. If one looks closely, mirrors in the bathroom are held in with improvised screws, instead of using correct hardware. Furniture is cheap, showers have shotty workmanship. Our entire class complained about the beds. In my assumption, a nice mattress is the first thing people need at a hotel. This place was built on a bare bones budget. Stay here last.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is one of the Marriott's new properties and is very nice place to stay. We have stayed on several visits to Huntsville and each time we were very happy with our room and the breakfast each morning.

Room Tip: Rooms on front facing downtown are much quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Nicely decorated, clean well priced. Needs to "attention to detail".
No glasses or tissues in room.
Breakfast had only one serving utensil for the eggs, potatoes and bacon (although the bacon serving bin was empty the whole time we sat there.)
We tried to get juice, after being obvserved by an employee at several attempts to get either apple or orange juice and only water comng out, she finally said the juices were still frozen. This was at 9 AM, breakfast opened up at 6:30 AM.
Just little things that management needs to work on to improve customer service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with good service that was very accommodating to me. I wanted to eat breakfast and see a room, they let me and were very nice about it. The rooms are very nice and modern and have a good layout. All of the rooms are spacious and have a good layout. I don't have much else to say though. This hotel is just the basics. There is no bellman, no concierge, and no real resteraunt.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Basically this is a new, very clean, modern SpringHill Suites. Nothing much to complain about except the awful see through doors that Marriott seems to be going to. It's pretty much impossible to sleep while your spouse is taking a shower because the bathroom doors let all the light into the room. We spent the night here during a road trip so it was fine, but I definitely wouldn't say here much longer because of the sleep issue. Front desk was very friendly and even greeted me by name when I walked in. I do like how much room you have to spread out, although I can see the modern decor being very dated in the coming years.

Room Tip: There is some highway noise on the highway side if that kind of thing bothers you.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple